Phishing Scammers

But I don’t have Safari! :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

Not mine:

7 Likes

Once you had a kid, you probably moved to PropertySuburb.

8 Likes

Next time, on CSI: Property City, a buyout offer goes off the stag! :scream:

6 Likes

A blast from the past -

I just received the ‘I put a virus on all your devices, and have video of you ‘enjoying’ some very particular videos, and I will send that video to all of your contacts unless you send crypto to…’ e-mail (not copied here because of some strange coding that I’d rather not post on the board).

These were common as dirt back, what, 10 years ago? I thought the scam was played out, but it appears to be on it’s way back.

One thing I found amusing is that it includes the standard line ‘Don’t reply to this e-mail because I sent it from your account’.

Forging the From: and ReplyTo: lines to read anything you’d like is about the easiest hacks there are - it’s covered in the first week of Hacking 101. But he didn’t, the from line has a gmail address (I don’t have gmail).

I don’t think any of my dear friends here would fall for it, but maybe warn your kids, 'mkay?

6 Likes

Good luck with that one. My computer doesn’t have a camera, so I’m pretty sure you recorded bupkis.

4 Likes

My computer has a camera, but I put tape over the lens. So all they could conceivably ever get from me would be the sound of my laughter from watching MST3k and cat videos.

3 Likes

“Piece of land” ? “PIECE?”

It’s HUGE TRACTS OF LAND, thankyouverymuch!

[flounces]

3 Likes