Phone It In NOW!

Which short first (or most) inspired you to embrace the magic that is-- The Telephone ?! ?!

• Once Upon A Honeymoon
  • Century 21 Calling
  • Other Phone-Based Short (Please Specify)
  • I’ve Never Even Had A Phone Dagnabbit (and I turned out just FINE) !!

0 voters

2 Likes

:notes: :notes: Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye … I’ll call you later. :notes: :notes:

5 Likes

I absolutely love the library music that plays during the beginning of Century 21 Calling. I sing it to myself sometimes. No I’m not crazy! You’re crazy!

3 Likes

For me it’s Cheating.

12 Likes

Once Upon a Honeymoon sets us up for unrealistic expectations, which is why I picked it. Pick up the phone and you’ve got a remodeled home? Yes please! But not the twin beds. Yikes.

6 Likes

Wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which piles up first!
:phone: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

8 Likes

Elton John was here!

4 Likes

7 Likes

“Show me…subscriber trunk dialing.”

time bandits GIF by Nick

6 Likes

Once Upon a Honeymoon is pretty much just an infomercial, but it’s so over-the-top and framed as a full-on stage revue, it gets my vote.

6 Likes

I actually learned a couple features my phone has to offer thanks to the Century 21 riff

3 Likes

Had to go with “Once Upon a Honeymoon”. I’m a fool for musicals.

5 Likes

Once Upon a Honeymoon is such a fun short. Singing, dancing, and suppressed sexuality.

6 Likes

Honorable mention: Adventures in Telezonia

6 Likes

Century 21 Calling was great, but Once Upon a Honeymoon was comedic brilliance. It helped that the short was so damn weirder and more surreal than Century 21 Calling, and the MST3K gang capitalized on that weirdness so brilliantly.

8 Likes

8 Likes

A bright red phone? A kitchen phone?

Sign me up!

6 Likes

Red is my favorite color so I hope they threw in the ensemble as well. :+1:

4 Likes

It kinda amazes me that these shorts think God cares about telephones and bread.

Specialty breads!

2 Likes

We don’t know if He’s really in on the bread business. Those are clearly just independent contractors who took on a side project without authorization from the Central Office.

1 Like