Phone It In NOW!

The choreography in Once Upon a Honeymoon is genuinely enjoyable to watch. Too bad it was wasted on trying to convince us that we need lots of phones. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For whatever reason, that’s my favorite riff in the entire short. All Servo is doing is reading the sign but something about it is just perfect.

2 Likes

I am curious: Just how unpopular do you have to be with God or the Devil to be assigned Bread Deliverymen for all of eternity?

How’s the pay/bennies?

4 Likes

But is bread guy happy in his work?

Yeah, I think, darn skippy, that dude really got off on his métier.

Piano guy didn’t seem to be doing so hot, though: diet of cigarettes, sexual frustration, twin beds, wife obsessed with telephones.

3 Likes

Hello, hello, hello hello hello.
I don’t know why you say goodbye, I say hello.
And if you say goodbye, I’ll sock you in the eye,
and run you up against the wall and pop goes the weasel!

6 Likes

Only one of them was directed by the legendary Gower Champion. So my pick is Once Upon a Honeymoon.

“But don’t look for it now. It’s only available in the year 2000”

1 Like

Wow, she can talk directly to the Kremlin with that thing!

Cold War? You’re soaking in it!

2 Likes

From this phone, remind the kids to duck and cover!

4 Likes

Once Upon a Honeymoon…I love singing along or sing the song on my own, and my husband frequently sings, “I think owning a newspaper would be fun.”

I also laugh out loud every time when they get to the “Bang, bang, bang” part.

2 Likes

I have to admit that I was expecting a much closer race than this. Maybe the masses really are :musical_note: sick of Seattle :musical_note:.

1 Like

Honorable mention to the phone’s role in The Sinister Urge.

“Oppa-RAY-tuh!”

6 Likes

That scene was ruined when she didn’t change into the She-Hulk and pound the tar out of the serial killer.

2 Likes

“Don’t make me sleazy. You wouldn’t like me when I’m sleazy.”

3 Likes

Another telephone song I like, from Pete Shelley of The Buzzcocks.

1 Like

Simplified translation: “Answering machines suck and I’m not leaving you a message.”

2 Likes

Are we doing telephone songs now?

Well, there’s The Manhattan Transfer ‘Operator’, and the all time greatest song of the same name by Jim Croce.

2 Likes

Oh, we’re doing telephone songs?

(re: the yellow phone photo) Never mind the phone, what’s the deal with that wallpaper??

1 Like

My theory is that people back then drank a lot more and took a lot more drugs, too. So they felt much more confident about their bad decisions.

1 Like

Cajun music tells it like it is.

1 Like