Pitch your H. G. Wells Totally Accurate adaptation here!

I really wanted to like the PKD series, but when I watched it, it felt oddly low-key. They did do some fine adaptations (Autofac, Kill All Others, and to a lesser extent The Father Thing), but there were other stories as well that I was sorry they didn’t tackle. Not a failure of a show, but tonally different than my expectations.

1 Like

Sounds like there are a lot more of these anthology shows than I knew about. The Ray Bradbury one was the only one I knew about, and I’d forgotten about it.

5 Likes

Alright, I’ve got like five before I go back to greenlighting movies about whatever superheroes we’ve got left. Here’s your next movie. You start shooting next week. Debbie will give you the details later.

H.G. Wells’s Around the World in Eighty Days! You got your team of science guys up on a space station and they’ve got 80 days to stop it from crashing into Beverly Hills or whatever. Maybe there’s a bad guy on board or something. I don’t care, it’s up to you, but the big white guy’s got to win by ignoring the eggheads and blowing it up. Debbie, show 'em the footage of the explosion. That’s your movie. Fill in around that.

Look, that’s your time. Grab whatever B-list celebrity you can get your hands on and get busy.

Enough of that, Debbie. No one cares who wrote what. Look how much money we made off Shakespeare’s Lawnmower Man.

3 Likes

Now you’ve made me excited about W. Somerset Maugham’s Die Hard VI: Die Trying

2 Likes

War Of The Worlds - STARTS when somebody sneezes at an alien warship. Wackiness ensues.

4 Likes

The Tyme Machine: An eccentric 19th century inventor creates a machine that allows people to deposit and withdraw money

The Thyme Machine: An eccentric 19th century inventor starts an herb garden

3 Likes

Lee Marvin’s fever dream of Lee Meriwether’s abandoned script of Lee Majors’ seven volume adaptation of Isaac Asimov’s short story based on Ray Bradbury’s napkin doodle of an idea by H.G. Wells posthumously stolen from Jules Verne’s pet cockatiel Ramone…

The Invisible Men in the Moon’s War of the Time Machines

With an afterword by Hugo Gernsback’s podiatrist in the original Esperanto.

3 Likes

I did wonder about taking Village of the Giants a step further into the 80’s, by making it a raunchy sex comedy during Spring Break.

One can image even crazier “giant props” crafted for such a film like that.