Pizza 🍕

In my neck of the woods (San Francisco), it depends how you like your pizza.

For cheap, greezy, and good for soaking up your late night barhopping damage, Oz Pizza in the Castro or the joint that DNA Lounge runs.

Upper management types who say they like deep dish go to Patxi’s. The rest of us go to Little Star.

I cannot report on thin crust style as I really hate thin crust. But I hear Little Star has this covered.

Overloaded pizza with all the toppings falling off? North Beach (in, er, North Beach) or The Sausage Factory.

For delivery, I really like Seniore’s and Pizzaria Supremo. Escape from New York and Pizza Orgasmica are generally local favorites (though I think the latter shuttered due to the pandemic).

For Sicilian style, Golden Boy which also happens to be my favorite spot in the city. Line’s out the door; gotta take it with you or make it quick inside (which is covered end to end with years of sticker bombing).

Honorable mention to Giovanni’s in the South Bay because I’d eat there all the time if I lived in Sunnyvale but don’t because there’s nothing in Sunnyvale.

3 Likes