Pledged Rewards you Wanted, but Couldn't Afford

One of us love rewards, right? During the last MST3K campaign, there were many pledged rewards we wanted, but couldn’t afford them because of how much they cost and no matter how cool they look/sound. What were some of the rewards you guys wanted, but couldn’t pledge more than $85? Personally, the reward I wanted were the private meet and greet with 2 bots of my choice (Waverly and Growler) and during the Kickstarter, the overstocked coffee table book, but there was NO WAY I could ever get my hands on them.

8 Likes

I would have LOVED LOVED LOVED to have had dinner and a hangout with Patton.

10 Likes

I was really hoping for an MST3k poster, since I really liked Todd Nauck’s art in the MST3k comic mini-series, but alas! It was not to be. Maybe next time.

9 Likes

There were a couple I talked myself out of, the snowglobe being the most attainable but also the most impractical for me (I have already exceeded the permitted domestic limit of tchotchkes per cubic foot). Like @Ryanxpark I was sorely tempted by dinner with Patton. I also offered to get my partner the dinner with one of the Rick and Morty guys (she’s a fan), but she is the more sensible half of the couple and she talked me down. :blush:

12 Likes

My wife still has a hard time coming to terms with how much we pledged on the initial campaign. And then I added on a month pass for a friend and a virtual set visit. And next, shipping costs!!!

My wife and I both love Patton. I own several standup specials on vinyl, a couple books and lots of his comic book work. I got to watch a panel of his for C2E2 years back, it was amazing!

7 Likes

I am… strangely content with what I’m getting.

(Once my non-acting scientist husband finishes that orchid-pineal juice project, I’ll achieve immortality and then I’ll have oodles of time to get it together for future meetups.)

10 Likes

Any of the meet and greets or set visits.

6 Likes

I really, REALLY, REALLY wanted to do the :sparkles: “Write some riffs with Joel” :sparkles:reward

It was (obviously) one of the higher-tier rewards, and even though it sounds like the most fun I could ever have & my actual :sparkles: Dream Job, :sparkles: it’s also actually REAL work, and even if I could have rationalized spending the money (I could not :joy:) , I knew it wasn’t the right time for me to make that kind of commitment, and if I couldn’t give 100% of the attention that experience deserves, I feel like it would be disrespectful to the craft, and Joel.

The Dinner & Hangout with Patton would be AMAZING, too!

8 Likes

Oh so so many. I went up to the private Zoom call level, but there were several tiers above that I had to talk myself out of (and I should note, I live alone, so I had to be INCREDIBLY stern with myself to keep it at the private Zoom call). I will admit I balked at the costs when it went over $2500, but if I had the money to spend, I would have totally gone up to the Producer level and damned the cost. Not like I’d have to spend the money on anyone else, amirite?

7 Likes

Personalized video from a bot. I really wanted to ask Servo to seranade me a la “Creepy Girl,” but it just wasn’t practical to spend that much (my other half still doesn’t know how much I already pledged)

10 Likes

There’s a Riff a Short with Joel package, but honestly, as someone with a scholarly interest in MST3K, I’d be happy with just the online “Intro to Movie Riffing” class.

6 Likes

I wanted one of the Every Country Has A Monster cutouts. I even had a plan to drop every other addon if necessary, but in the end, I couldn’t swing it and I stuck with my original boatload of swag. Very happy with it.

But still…

9 Likes

I never even got a chance to try and convince my wife I needed one before they sold out. And she loves snow globes and has a nice collection from her childhood (all in storage) and she didn’t even let me upgrade for/add for one

3 Likes

All the classes….

4 Likes

The snowglobe. It was just too rich for my blood.

And, I’d love to do dinner with either Weird Al or Patton, but that was even more of daydream.

5 Likes

I really, really wanted one of the kiju cutouts from the Every Country has a Monster song.

8 Likes

Anyone that wants to buy me the snow globe will be my new best friend. Perks include but aren’t limited to-

1. Me saying “I know right?” when you complain about the state of the world.
  2. Someone to help move a sofa/someone to ask for help moving a sofa.
  3. I’ll occasionally say “I got this,” while at McDonalds.
  4. Late night phone calls about an invention I just dreamed about.
  5. My unending loyalty. Your enemies? Crushed. Dusted.
10 Likes

I think it’s fair to say a lot of us really wanted that snow globe.

5 Likes

I’d love to get monthly meetings and calls about the show from Joel but that’s a ton of money for me.

6 Likes

Add me to the list of people who wanted one of the woodcuts.

I’ll even take one that wasn’t actually used in the episode at this point (i.e. one deliberately produced for sale). :sob:

6 Likes