Podcasts...Love 'Em, Name 'Em!

Okay, I know there are a million podcasts out there, and I listen to several to pass the time at work. What are your favorite podcasts? What should we be listening to?

My current faves:

True Crime Garage - (what it says on the tin; I love the hosts)
You’re Wrong About - (debunking historical myths)
Richmond Til We Die - (Ted Lasso discussion)
The Two Robbies - (EPL / Champions League football talk)
StarTalk - (Neil deGrasse Tyson’s show)
Rotten Tomatoes Is Wrong - (movie reviews)

4 Likes

The only podcasts you need are:

1. Riders In The Sky

and

1. The Mustache Rangers
3 Likes

I used to listen to a number of them, but they’ve dropped off for me these days. I did really like Someone Knows Something, a Canadian investigative crime podcast. I do still check in on the follow-up series, The Next Call.

3 Likes

If you like “You’re Wrong About,” you’d probably dig “American Hysteria.” The 2-parter with Chris Gethard about dangerous amusement attractions would probably be a good intro!

3 Likes

The Bugle Audio newspaper for a visual world. Hosted by Satirist-For-Hire Andy Zaltzman with guest comedians from around the globe.

5 Likes

I don’t listen to many podcasts, but I do like the Fall of Civilizations Podcast which does some real deep dives into history.

3 Likes

I could never get into podcasts. Anytime I try to listen to one it devolves into noise. I have the same issue with radio plays.

4 Likes

I didn’t until the pandemic. Then I was working at home alongside my roommate, who is a hardcore podcast listener. With my agreement, she would play her podcasts out loud and I got used to it and learned how to “tune in.” I can only really do them when I’m doing rote work, though – any time I really have to concentrate, I find I’m not listening anymore and that’s when I swap over to random music or ambience background noise.

3 Likes

I’ve been paying for Bill Corbett’s Ringheads podcast, but I’ve only listened to a few episodes and I waaaaay behind.

3 Likes

The Trailer Park Boys ‘Park After Dark’ (formerly the ‘Podca$h’) the audio version is free weekly.

3 Likes

Must give a shout-out to our own kin at @ItsJustAShow .

Sure, we don’t agree on ALL fandom points, but that’s what makes it interesting, eh? :canada:

(Also certain political podcasts which help further cement my reputation as Smelly Hippie. “You can’t own property, Maaaaannnn !!”)

6 Likes

I listen to a lot of podcasts, but here’s the ones I never miss:

Maintenance Phase (debunking diet culture)
Savage Lovecast (sex advice)
420 Day Fiance (two stoned comedians recap the 90 Day Fiance franchise)
Life After MLM (anti-MLM podcast where people who used to be in MLMs or otherwise have a connection with people who are in MLMs are interviewed)

3 Likes

I love his column; is he as fun to listen to as to read?

2 Likes

Definitely!

2 Likes

Your Favorite Band Sucks
Throwback Podcast
Why I Hate This Album
The Cable Boys - I went to high school with and graduated the same year as one of the three hosts, Kevin Manwarren. They’ve been on hiatus for a few months, though.
John Fugelsang
Lewis Black Rantcast
Christopher Titus

2 Likes

Welcome to Night Vale
Good Morning Night Vale
The Orbiting Human Circus

Well, really, almost all of the casts on Night Vale Presents.
(If you couldn’t tell from my avatar, I really am “that” person. :rofl: )

3 Likes

372 Pages We’ll Never Get Back

Messrs Jnelson and Clastowka discuss books they don’t expect to enjoy…

I don’t listen to many podcasts. But I might have to start listening to this one:

3 Likes

Oh, it can get very deep into the scientific details, but “Found My Fitness” is genuinely good health information. A lot on intermittent fasting, saunas, and here’s the latest on cold-water immersion.

1 Like

I really love the Twenty Percent True podcast.

And I still can’t get enough of RadioLab.

2 Likes

Brian Poseh’s Nerd Poker
Tell ‘Em Steve-Dave
Did You Get My Text?
Films to be Buried With

And for sports adjacent talk:
Men in Blazers
Bounce That!

3 Likes