POLL: Crow's new voice sounds like...?

I’m assuming there are ALOT of younger people on here now that the board is more known. Younger People offend Easily. I wouldn’t take it personally. Not a fan of people trying to push off opinions they don’t like, especially when sound and reasonable. that reaks of …SJW nonsense. That I hope this forum would avoid.

1 Like

As I said in the other thread. It’s all about perception. Crow HAS sounded like an off beat trace ever since Trace left. Even Nate Questioned if that was the voice he should do, but he stuck with it, IMHO, because it worked.

It’s TOM who has had the vastly different voices. and because of that, given time, I’m willing to accept it more easily.

I personally t hink Crows new voice sounds just like Timmy Turner. Imagine replacing Darth Vader and James Earl Jones with that voice? people would complain, yes?

nothing against kelsey. The character is still written ok. the Performance is fine. it’s just the voice I don’t think I will get used to this time. nothing wrong with that. and if she is a mst3k fan like so many of us here, I think she’d understand that walking into it.

5 Likes

Kelsey’s Crow voice is bad because she wouldn’t make a good Darth Vader?

I’m reminded of how Trace auditioned for Jar Jar Binks and was thankful they passed on him.

4 Likes

Yeah, but think of all the cool fishing gear he could’ve upgraded to if he’d said “Yes!”

(I don’t know if Trace fishes, but he always looks like he just got back from a fishing trip, or is just about to leave on one.)

3 Likes

As long as we’re positing on alternate realities, imagine if boats were cars!

9 Likes

Imagination is funny
It makes the cloudy day sunny
Makes the bee think of honey
Just as I think of you

4 Likes

What if Discourse had dogs, light rail, and tofu?!

(Wait. I guess it kind of does, depending on which thread you’re visiting.)

1 Like

Imagine life on the yard

sigh. not the argument and folks know it.

1 Like

Just imagine thirty thousand pounds of bananas.

1 Like

It’s easy if you try…
Imagine all the monkeys…

1 Like

I’d probably re-watch and become a Star Wars fanboy if Kelsey voiced Darth Vader. (Wait, can you still be a fanboy when you’re in your 60s? Fan-geezer, Fan-Coffin-Dodger, Fan-GetOffMyPropertyYouDamnedSmoochers?)

And I didn’t vote in the original poll, since “Sunshine and Rainbows” wasn’t an option.

But for the current question, much like Johnny, I don’t care. People have opinions, sometimes they get into legendary flamewars over those opinions.

Whether certain fans get over this the way they got over Kevin? Eh, don’t care, I’m enjoying it, and that’s all that matters to me. I know it’s weird and selfish (sarcasm intended), but when I’m laughing my head off, I’m not thinking, “I wonder if Joe Toast is enjoying himself? I wonder if he’s still mad over Kelsey”

2 Likes

So when it comes to these “Something new in my fandom is bad/good” arguments, I find that the two sides are often this.

Side 1: This thing bugs me. I love this show. I wish it would cater to my exact tastes, and anyone who likes it is just a fanboy, blinded by their passion.
Side 2: This thing doesn’t bug me. I love this show. This new thing is catered to my exact tastes, and anyone who doesn’t like it is probably awful deep inside.

The arguments that follow are almost always about the third things, when really all there will ever be to say are the first and second things.

Think about it, won’t you?

3 Likes

I like the show. I like most of the changes. I will continue to watch. just not sure that this new voice change is for me. Will I get used to it? Maybe…but sometimes I never do with replacment voices. Does this make me an evil-doer? Apparently! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And in the end,
The love you take,
Is equal to the riffs you make.

__
:heart: to all MST3K cast and crew, former and present.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Imagine if there was a way to mute someone for a year.

Oh, wait. There is. :angel:

2 Likes

Side 3: Hmmm… this exact change was not what I expected, but I guess they made it for a good reason. So maybe I’ll just roll with it and see what happens.

[pours everyone more caffeine]

2 Likes

So much change!
canadian money GIF by Raven Banner Entertainment

1 Like

More caffeine? At this hour?