Premier League & Other Footballing ('21-'22)

And hello, Brentford, I see you! :face_with_monocle::smile:

Here we go again…who you got? I’m in the “Anyone But Man City” camp, but it’s going to take a good team to get by them. ManU, Liverpool, and Chelsea I think have the firepower to do it, but it’ll take an excellent run of form to do it.

Hoping for good things for my Leicester and Brighton…and I admit, I do like me some scrappy Brentford already!

And yes…I’m getting up early for the ManU / Leeds kickoff tomorrow. LET’S GO!

5 Likes

Liverpool all the way!!!

3 Likes

I don’t know how I made it through all five minutes of the Football off-season.

2 Likes

You’ll never walk alone!

I’m neutral on Liverpool myself, but Jurgen Klopp is one of my favorite people in the sport. (And I’m still not over Alisson’s goal last season!!)

3 Likes

This made me LOL; between the Euros, the Copa, and the USL Championship (the league my home side plays in), I had no off-season. And I’m okay with that.

1 Like

ManUtd gave it to Leeds, so pretty happy about that, and Arsenal fell on their face…but we’re only 3 days in…

1 Like

For me it’s ‘anyone but ManCity and Arsenal’ :laughing:

1 Like

Allison’s goal was incredible!!!

2 Likes

Even though it was the beginning of knocking my Leicester out of the Champions League, it was still one of my favorite moments of last season. I have a soft spot for ‘keepers, and that goal would’ve been a beauty for anyone!

1 Like

So…Ronaldo. That oughta be interesting! (Anything that pisses off ManCity makes me happy!)

Speaking of ManCity…watching them pummel Arsenal…what is UP with the Gunners??

1 Like

Omg, I know! I hate Manchester City (so glad Ronaldo didn’t end up there) but I kinda felt bad for Arsenal…

1 Like

First Old Firm game of the season tomorrow and it couldn’t come at a worse time for us. Celtic have been playing well these last few weeks while Rangers have stumbled a bit. We also had a European game in Armenia on Thursday where several members didn’t even travel for COVID related reasons. If they’re also unavailable tomorrow that’s a huge blow as it includes the manager, captain plus the first and second choice goalkeepers. :grimacing:

Still, it’s a home game and I remain optimistic we can get something from it despite these setbacks.

2 Likes

I take it you’re for Rangers? And yeouch on the roster issues; I’m still shocked at how much European travel is still going on. Hope you do get a result!

2 Likes

Man U fan here. Tbh I think it’s Chelsea’s to lose this year. Looks tricky for Leicester to get the champions League places but if Madison gets into gear they’ll have a great chance. And yeah, Brentford are probably everyone’s second team this year.

1 Like

They’re my 3rd team; de Gea’s been my dude since 2010. :grin: They are legit title contenders now if they can just get consistent.

Wish Leicester would stop choking at the end of seasons. And yeah, I love Maddison’s style of play, but he can go off the rails sometimes.

Hey, at least we’re not Arsenal fans! :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yup, Rangers fan for my sins.

Chelsea definitely look like the ones to beat but you’d be crazy to write off Man City despite their opening day result. Not a Utd fan but as a neutral I was a fan of Solskjaer as a player growing up so I’d like to see him succeed. They have the players to challenge for the title, especially with Ronaldo (even though I’m more of a Messi fan :stuck_out_tongue: ).

FWIW, Newcastle United are my English team as my grandparents from my mother’s side hail from that area.

1 Like

1-0 win! :partying_face: Couldn’t watch the game though as I had to go to work. I was walking through the local town centre on the way and the Sky kiosk had the game on. There were two lasses plopped down cross-legged in front of it watching the game. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hopefully that can kick-start our season as it’s been pretty stuttery so far. Disappointing to get pumped out of the Champions League so tamely but hopefully we can have another good run in the Europa League. Steven Gerrard has done a great job in European games overall and I was half-expecting an English team to try and lure him down South in the summer.

1 Like

Woot! Well done!!

I heard a lot of talk, all of it good, regarding Gerrard as gaffer. A little more success and I don’t doubt one of those clubs will come calling. side eyes Arsenal

1 Like

So, Ronaldo will be on the roster for Manchester United v. Newcastle tomorrow. This oughta be good! And my Leicester plays ManCity (ugh) and Brighton v. Brentford (I like Brentford, but I’m a Gull Girl!), so it’s gonna be a wild week in the Premier League.

And what do you think…if Arsenal loses to Norwich, is Arteta going to get hoisted on a pike?

1 Like

Ugh. I do not need Man City to start their ticky-tack up the table. Especially when Man United is going all Jekyll and Hyde.

Watching my Leicester City right now. They have got to get themselves together.

1 Like