Previews & Trailers & Sneak Peeks, Oh My!

I’d rather see the MCU keep moving forward, and the Kingpin is already in play at the MCU’s street level; we never actually saw him shot by Echo — much less die — at the end of Hawkeye, after all. And she’s getting a series, so the issue can’t be left unaddressed.

2 Likes

True, I guess my only thought is that if it’s a soft reboot, NMCU being a different Earth in the multiverse, I’m wondering how much backstory there will be to her character in the D+ MCU verse? How different they may make it?

If Killgrave existed in this verse, and JJ has any flashbacks, or the audience sees flashbacks to past events at some point, it’d be nice to at least have the same voice. I don’t think Disney can improve on Tennant’s performance with anyone else? He’s as part of that character moving forward as Cox and Ritter are to theirs? Killgrave doesn’t need to be alive and roaming around in the current timeline, better if he isn’t, and we get new stories. Just there as part of the character continuity?

I’m genuinely cautiously optimistic and excited to see what comes from it all… And, even if the Darth Mickey manages to blow it, still can watch the NetflixMCU versions.

2 Likes

Finally a new wave and one that adds a new anti-grav course as well.

1 Like

“I’m tired of losing.”

4 Likes

Future MST fodder

3 Likes

And in case anyone was wondering why there was no mention of the Batgirl movie at SDCC:

Given the reported level of completion (audience test screenings!), I’m fairly confident that it will eventually leak in some form (e.g. Roger Corman’s The Fantastic Four (1994), Justice League of America (1997)). Though it might take a while…

2 Likes

Recently in surprise drops…

1 Like

From the director and stars of In Bruges - (Brendan Gleeson’s one of my favorite actors, so I always go looking for whatever he’s in)

1 Like

Did you see Mr. Mercedes?

2 Likes

I don’t do a lot of TV/streaming series, I’m more a movie guy, so a lot of that slips right by me, but I just put a hold on the first season DVD from the library. So, thanks for putting it on my radar.

It streamed on the obscure and now-defunct Audience network, available only to DirecTV users. I watched it on DVD.

It’s three seasons, but I only watched the first 2 because season 3 seemed… kind of irrelevant after season 2. YMMV.

1 Like

Splatoon 3’s coming out in a month, and I’m already enjoying this new song by the new idol group: Deep Cut!

2 Likes

Prepare for more legendary awesomeness! Just don’t hold your breath while you’re waiting.

1 Like
2 Likes

Pssh. Like they’re going to be able to top the 2005 Uwe Boll version.

3 Likes

“Look. The world is beautiful and horrible — at exactly the same time.”

3 Likes

Every morning when I look in the mirror…

1 Like

Wednesday trailer (not teaser) dropped. It looks… amazingly well done.

2 Likes

Okay, this has my attention.

Love Guillermo’s imagination and creativity but was beginning to sour on the idea of an anthology series where he might just act as a standard bearing name on the title. But the lineup of directors, especially seeing that Panos Cosmatos is there, has me reinterested.

1 Like

That brings up the question, when will MST3K finally riff an Uwe Boll movie?

3 Likes