Previews & Trailers & Sneak Peeks, Oh My!

1 Like

I don’t care if its plot is paper-think or solid as granite, just look at it.

1 Like

Well, the first Avatar was pretty. Really pretty.

But the story was so derivative that pretty didn’t matter much.

1 Like

The thing that fascinates me about Avatar was how huge it was at the time, but how small of an impression it left on everyone. Like- based on the numbers, everyone SAW Avatar, but most people you ask can barely summarize the plot or name more than 2 characters. That’s not how nerdy movies usually work when they get that big.

1 Like

Was Avatar a rehash of Dances With Wolves or of Ferngully?

Discuss.

3 Likes

My post in the Avatar needs to make 2 billion dollars thread:

2 Likes

Dances With Smurfs.

3 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

Okay, this is officially the greatest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. I apologize for nothing.

(CW: Language)

2 Likes

OMG. This. Is. HILARIOUS!

(and as my husband said, we don’t have to wonder what they were on when they made it!)

1 Like
1 Like

I’m starting to wonder if they’re ever going to stop making these.

After the nuclear war, the only things left will be cockroaches and Transformers movies! :laughing:

2 Likes

IIRC at least it’s another one like Bumblebee where Michael Bay isn’t really involved.

1 Like

Just dropped 15min ago:

INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY

Please dear googly moogly let this be good.

7 Likes

Given the track record, there’s a 50% chance it will be good.

2 Likes

Harrison Ford is 80 years old.

How many broken hips did he endure in this trailer alone?

2 Likes

Stunt men.

Stunt. Men.

2 Likes

We also have the Guardians of the Galaxy 3 trailer, AND I AM SCREAMING AND WAVING MY HANDS IN THE AIR AND HAVING HAPPY TEARS OVER THE USE OF SPACEHOG’S “IN THE MEANTIME” BECAUSE THAT SONG WAS EVERYTHING TO ME ONCE

3 Likes

The probability is higher given how disliked the last one was. What makes me cringe is the effects. If Disney and Mangold treat this as a modern movie and every little stunt seems like an effect, it will fail. IF those behind this attempt to emulate the 80s chapters more closely and give this an old-fashioned flair where it doesn’t feel like a video game then the odds are better.

1 Like