Previews & Trailers & Sneak Peeks, Oh My!

CG Honest John is a bit of a choice…

1 Like

[screams]

The phrase “Director George Miller” is a beautiful thing.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Is it odd that I’m hoping that Burton can somehow work in an interaction between Wednesday Addams and Sergeant Joe Friday?

1 Like

First Sandman trailer has dropped, along with the date (August 5).

Lucian is female, Black, and bald! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

SHAZAM! But it ain’t the Big Red Cheese — though he is big.

“THE WORLD NEEDED A HERO. IT GOT BLACK ADAM.”

3 Likes
3 Likes

Well, this looks nuts…

3 Likes

I’m still sorry they didn’t pick up Bryan Fuller’s Munsters reboot, Mockingbird Lane, because the pilot was incredible.

2 Likes

Six hours of my life I’ll never get back.

Oh, people will SAY the runtime is three hours, but Cameron uses time dilation technology to make every minute twice as long.

Never underestimate Cameron’s ego. It has managed to supersede his considerable talent.

That’s racist, sir!

Presumably not based on Chris Claremont’s follow-up trilogy, Shadow Moon, Shadow Dawn and Shadow Star, a million words of family-inappropriate gobbledy-gook.

Boy, I should respond in “gripes” trailer. How’d I get so grumpy?

GO ON AND ENJOY YOUR THINGS, PEOPLE. I’ll go take a nap.

2 Likes

It doesn’t hurt that the box office haul for the first film alone is closing in on $3 billion dollars, roughly ten times the production costs — and that’s before we get into the product licensing, the Pandora land at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park in Disney World (which slightly predates Disney’s acquisition of 20th Century Fox’s movie assets), etc. The studios today consider a proven IP (intellectual property) a permit to print money through sequels, so Cameron’s own ego and perfectionism (and probably a clause in his original contract for the first film) are probably the reasons we haven’t had the sequels before now.

1 Like

Ah, perhaps so!

Adjusted for inflation, it did not do nearly as well as Titanic (domestically), but is rather more merchandisable. Although I have no especial insight, I would not be surprised to see the sequels flop. I sorta feel like the Hollywood blockbuster is on the ropes.

On the other hand, the sequels might encourage people to go back into theaters and I think that’d be good.

And on the third hand, this is what I’m looking to go see this weekend so…WTFDIK?

1 Like

Construction on Pandora started in 2014 with the agreement that Cameron would have the first of his sequels ready to go when that section of the park opened in 2017.

Yeah.

Disney is not too happy at the moment.

2 Likes

Another trailer dropped for the semi-remake of Blazing Saddles…

2 Likes

It’s about bloody time…

1 Like

Woo! Both Casey Jones and a release date!

1 Like

This makes me lol.

1 Like

I think Disney has bigger issues right now than a set of films that are a few years late.

Reedy Creek Improvement District

2 Likes

Not really a trailer, but some preview stills from Prime’s Paper Girls series, based on the BKV comic.

It certainly looks right. I hope this one has better luck than Y: The Last Man.

2 Likes