Previews & Trailers & Sneak Peeks, Oh My!

1 Like
1 Like

Finally a full trailer!

1 Like

Quantum Leap 2022 thoughts -

It’s… ok? It’s not as bad as I feared, it’s not as good as I hoped, but after only one episode I’m willing to keep watching and see what happens next.

It’s got a beat, and I can dance to it. (I can’t dance unless you count my Merry Christmas Charlie Brown dancing)

It is technically a continuing of the original story, and they did a decent enough job of tying the two together without it feeling forced. There’s some nice nods to the original in fun ways. And, hints of more to come.

Ok, was it a blink and you’ll miss it thing, or…

No Jewel Staite?

Hrumph

Unless she’s playing Al’s daughter?

I feel like I need to rewatch the first few episodes of the original to see if it had anything similar the parts that just didn’t work for me in 22 Ep1?

And, if you watched, you probably saw what made my car-brain go, “whaaaa?”, and replay a few times. But, most of y’all are relatively normal and it probably didn’t induce major brain itch like it did for me, or likely didn’t notice it at all. The rest of that scene though, there’s something there, the banter/rhythm with the two main characters along with the passengers… that worked. More of that.

Oddly enough, it was my mom, who loved the original deeply, who absolutely hated Ep1. Sigh. She’s always complaining that there’s nothing left on tv that she actually likes to watch. That it’s all either crime, guns, or sex. I really thought this would be a great fit. Oh well.

Anyone else here check it out? Enjoy it? Hopeful for the future?

1 Like

I’m kinda like your mom in that I’d rather watch old stuff than new stuff - so I have to ask, has she tried Strange New Worlds?

Because I totally LOVE Strange New Worlds in a way I haven’t loved anything since Pushing Daisies.

2 Likes

So Hallmark’s finally doing a seasonal holiday romcom that isn’t Christmas…

3 Likes

There will be blue and silver in every single shot.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I guess we now have a hard “no later than” date for the X-Men appearing in the MCU.

2 Likes

I wonder if Deadpool’s gonna be the one to kick things off. (Kinda. We got Professor X [kinda] and Ms. Marvel namedropped “Mutation” which is just a conjugated “Mutant.”)

2 Likes

Lisa Loeb?!

5 Likes

Namor’s going to be in Black Panther 2, the actor playing him confirmed that he’ll be a mutant (as he is in the comics)

1 Like

Part 2

4 Likes

deadpool clap GIF

1 Like

So Capcom Fighting Collection got a nifty update…

2 Likes

“He’s coming… for the surface world.”

Angela Bassett OWNS this trailer.

And I totally dig the depiction of Namor.

1 Like