Previews & Trailers & Sneak Peeks, Oh My!

“Can’t act. Can’t sing. Balding. Can dance a little.”

1 Like

His sister Adele was the natural. He had to work like crazy to keep up.

1 Like

At least it has a nice poster…

1 Like

I just…I hate saying this because it makes me feel old and hidebound…but I don’t get it. Ah well, if it makes the kiddos happy!

(I will, however, play the crap out of Sonic 2 on the Sega! Tails only mode, please.)

1 Like

Should have posted this yesterday.

Are there any actual children who want a Sonic The Hedgehog film in 2022? Or is this purely for the….ahem, ‘young at heart’?

Attention sci-fi geeks…

2 Likes

Oh my. Rendezvous With Rama is one of my absolute favorite sci-fi novels (we don’t talk about the sequels) and I’m super excited about this…if they don’t screw it up. :laughing:

But given how much I liked Dune, I am cautiously optimistic!

1 Like

BTW if you’re a Beatles fan and you haven’t seen this yet, do.

1 Like

I’ve watched the first part, but the rest may have to wait until after some of the holiday crazy dies down. (the last two parts are 3 hours each, I think.) Utterly fascinated by what we saw in the first part. Watching as songs were forming just right there. yeah. My writer self watched that amazed at their process.

The interpersonal reactions were interesting too. Paul seemed to be the one pushing the others forward. George was trying to assert some individuality, John interjected from time to time, and Ringo looked bored by it all. LOL!

2 Likes

Supposedly John and Yoko were strung out on heroin at the time.

2 Likes

Yes. I was also blown away by watching the writing process.

It’s fascinating to see how much of what we “knew” from Let It Be (1969) was only part of the story if not sometimes essentially wrong. The tension is not between Paul and John, who really are a team, but between the two of them and George who is chafing at being a junior partner. Not only does Paul try to tell George what to play, but John uses his sarcasm to put him in his place. George shows up with the beginning stages of “I Me Mine” and John craps all over it. “Do you know what kind of band this is?” “Harrison’s dancing fishwives and hunchbacks.” Incidentally, this explains why the song transitions into a rocker at the end.

Another major takeaway I had is you are reminded of how short the time was between when they came to America in 1964 and 1969, or even 1960 when they played the cavern. Those things just happened to them in their minds. They also see themselves as a band, not a phenomenon.

It’s possible at Twickenham. He’s very checked out in Part 1. He’s changed in Part 2 when they are at Apple. It’s like John woke up. In fact, they’re all better once they get Billy Preston. It’s like they remember why they like what they are doing.

1 Like

Absolutely. I can see why George walked out after some of that. If that was the reaction he received any time he tried to contribute something, I would get fed up too.

Paul and John did seem to maintain a united front in that regard, which is part of what surprised me that Ringo just sort of sat there. George is left hanging in the breeze with no one listening to him.

Also for all of the “Yoko broke up the band” stuff, Linda is there as well, plus the strange hangers-on George had along. Yoko for the most part seemed bored by it all, either reading or doing other things. I think at one point she is trying to take notes on lyrics, but for the most part, she’s just there, literally hanging on John’s arm (not sure how he could still play like that, but maybe he was used to it. LOL!)

1 Like

I’ve heard it said they were behaving in front of company.

1 Like

I had heard that too, but I don’t feel that way after watching this.

2 Likes

Ooh, a new trailer for the upcoming Fraggle Rock show…

3 Likes

I was hoping for a grim, gritty remake. Something like The Descent (2005).

2 Likes

Is the next one the Emmet Otter sequel, where the jug band goes electric and finally takes down The Riverbottom Nightmare Band in a battle royale?

1 Like

Hey, it worked for Pete’s Dragon. Or did it?

True story: I was taking my kids to see Finding Dory and this trailer comes on, and it’s all dark and scary, with concerned adults and frightened children and when I realized it was a gritty reboot of Pete’s Dragon I started laughing so hard I had to leave the theater. I did not stop laughing until Dory actually started. (Because there’s nothing funny about Finding Dory.)

4 Likes