Previews & Trailers & Sneak Peeks, Oh My!

Mmmmm…I don’t know about that one. I really like the original. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Oooo! Intriguing!

2 Likes

:: scrolling through IMDB entry ::

Hmm… produced by Taika Waititi… Terry Gilliam feels disconnected from it after he lost the rights when Handmade Films was sold… significant shortage of dwarves…

Guess we’ll just have to see.

4 Likes

Will the series end with the kid’s parents getting blown to smithereens?

3 Likes

Heck, what happens if — instead of a Polaroid picture — he snaps an image of the map with a smartphone and posts it to Instagram?

2 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

“The gods… have… spoken!”

2 Likes

“You’re right. I’m not.”

3 Likes

Harrison Ford seems a little young to be playing the President.

4 Likes

He’s actually a few months older than Biden! Both were born in 1942. I liked the tacit acknowledgment that Ford isn’t William Hurt.

3 Likes

Hmm, that looks better than some of the MCU stuff of late.

I just haven’t been as excited since Endgame, everything has felt untethered, like they are throwing characters at a wall to see what people respond to without any real plan.

4 Likes

The movie they made twice. Literally. It was approaching finished in December 2023 and a poor test screening caused them to cut three major sequences and proceed with extensive reshoots from January 2024 to May or June 2024 for a February 18 2025 release date that was originally set for May 2024. 3 to 5 months is the average length of principal photography on the big tentpoles. This has received 7-8 months. The budget will have doubled going from 3 months of shooting to 7 or 8.

3 Likes

I think the plan was to find a plan as they went. With the absence of Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans anchoring their franchises and giving heft whenever they appeared, their replacements haven’t been as memorable. The movies themselves vary considerably in quality and the consistency isn’t as constant strained by the stretching of resources for all that Disney Plus content Disney mandated. The pull of multiple movies and series lately and a lack of a distinctive draw to much of it has led to a listlessness off and on in the product. I expect Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) to pull them out unless their problems are worse than I thought. Their production of Blade (2025) suffered rewrite after rewrite almost forcing star Mahershala Ali to leave owing to multiple scripts where Blade was the 3rd or 4th main character in a film titled Blade.

1 Like
1 Like

If that movie doesn’t use a “Pizza the Hut(t)” reference, I’m not watching it.

3 Likes
1 Like

“Impact event in 5… 4… 3… 2… 1…”