Profile suggestions

The profile customization on this site is pretty extensive, and we’ve only scratched the surface of custom fields. Got ideas for info you’d like to be able to share on your profile – or see on other folks’ profiles too? Let us know below.

4 Likes

How many people have you turned on to MST3K?

What’s the most unique piece of MST3K memorabilia you own?

What character or performer from any episode would you most like to meet, and why?

4 Likes

These are great, thank you!

3 Likes

I want, when uploading a photo, to be able to “re-center” where the circle “slices” out the rest of the image! I had to modify my graphic in an external image manipulation program to get it centered where I wanted it to be so that my daughter with her Cool Whip hat showed up properly!

Also, I’d like the OPTION to be able to see avatar images either in their original size, or at least larger than 45px by 45px… because that’s TINY, and hard to see things sometimes!

9 Likes

What was the first episode you saw, and where were you?

7 Likes

“Favorite riff” would be preeeeetty nice.

5 Likes

I think I’d be most interested in factual info rather than likes & interests, personally. The year you started watching would be pretty cool. Another idea could be a badge or something for supporting one or both kickstarters, though I’m pretty agnostic about that–a little worried that it might feel a little like there’s a pecking order. & of course you need to do something very special for MSD3K beta testers :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’d like to see a personal pronouns field added to profiles.

10 Likes

Yeah yeah. I’d add a he/him on here if it makes folks feel seen.

4 Likes

That’s not just part of the user name?

3 Likes

For the Profile Header and User Card Background, is it possible to make the image size bigger? I’m having a tough time finding images that will fit. Or is it possible to have a set that we can select from? Thank you for all your work in this! It’s really cool so far! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I sure could use some help

2 Likes

I’ll echo having a pronouns field.

4 Likes

Maybe a Kickstarter email specific field? Looks like we have to create a whole new profile/account to “change” email.

1 Like

I’ve just signed up and I believe that’s been added. I did notice, however, that the widget was a drop-down and not free-text. I’m not sure how important that is.

2 Likes

Hi folks! I did not make it a free text field because tbh I was concerned that might invite a small minority of folks to give snarky answers, which I want to avoid. I considered adding a “not listed here” option so folks who use less common pronouns like ze/zir or xe/xem could include them in their profile text. But I may also just go add the more common uncommon pronouns as additional options! I’m open to suggestions on this though.

EDIT: I’ve added ze/zir and xe/zem plus “other pronouns not listed here” as options on the field.

8 Likes

That makes complete sense, totally understand. Perhaps you could advise people to contact support if they would like an option added, with a note alongside the input? I don’t know much about personal pronouns, but I figure there are only so many pronouns out there so over time, you’ll come to a nice neat list that’d suit most people.

4 Likes

I’ve been battling with this too! I have a note to figure out the correct specs for those photos so y’all know what to work with, and maybe create a topic on the forums where folks can upload ones they’ve made to share.

3 Likes

Photo Albums in User Profiles

I would enjoy browsing albums that other users may want to share from live shows, conventions, fan meetups, memorabilia collections, etc. Conceivably more photos than feasible in a thread post.

Pie in the sky, but that would be cool.

3 Likes

Need to edit my Facebook user name.

How do I change that?

2 Likes