Prop Reuse

It is a beautiful painting…of a hamburger…or something!

Many have guessed WTH it is, but to me, it’s still the hamburger painting. It’s in more than two MST3K experiments, IIRC…Melting Man, maybe?

I don’t know, but once you see it, you will want to own it, or perhaps a print of it.

And display it proudly above your bed, naturally!

1 Like

That house, man. That house has been in some movies/TV shows where it doesn’t look like a drug lord evacuated it while fleeing the police. DeCoteau captures every smudge on the wall, every bad paint touch-up, every nuance of “nobody’s lived here since the double-axe murder” vibe.

I’ve been tempted to drive up and see it in person.

1 Like

That was my favorite movie as a kid. Would rent it all the time.

The crew uniforms in Queen of Outer Space were originally from Forbidden Planet

2 Likes

Star Trek fans will spot a number of prop items reused in Wild Wild West, including Pike’s wheelchair and parts of NOMAD. Those 60s weekly scifi series had to get creative on a budget and quickly.

3 Likes

You will notice that in just about every movie, they use the exact same Sun. Shameless.

3 Likes

Kind of amusing that “Star Trek”, which was already reusing props at a ferocious rate, had its own props repurposed.

2 Likes

Can we consider Mayberry a prop?

I’m pretty sure that device has been in the Lego Marvel Super Heroes video game, in the Fantastic Four’s lab

Power Rangers reused several Monster suits for other monsters across various seasons, often just giving them an extra prop or a different paint job, or sometimes reusing them with no changes at all.

1 Like