Puck Fever

Nice to see a thread to one of my favorite sports. Lightning are my team, we had a slow start, but we’ve been slowly gaining a little momentum. I don’t see us winning the cup this year, but I’m grateful for that great run we had the last 3 years.

2 Likes

A spoonerism of this thread’s topic would be quite unfortunate.

1 Like

And Nathan MacKinnon is out with an injury, no word on exactly what happened. Yet another injury for an already injury-plagued team. We will hopefully get Landeskog back in January. he’s been out since the start of the season. But literally, half the team is out with something at the moment.

1 Like

Ovi scored two goals tonight, passing Gordie Howe for second all-time. Now only 92 goals behind Wayne Gretzky’s record–which until a couple years ago seemed untouchable.

2 Likes

Wow. That is amazing.

2 Likes

My husband’s aunt and uncle, who are huge Caps fans, were at that game tonight!

2 Likes

Avs clinch playoff spot. There is now a three-way tie in the Central division. Who’s going to get that home-ice advantage …

1 Like

My 'nucks are out. The Jets aren’t looking great, my fantasy team was out of contention weeks ago… What a wonderful season this was…

At least there is always the best thing the NHL can give us…

Ice Hockey Dancing GIF by NHL

2 Likes

Canucks and Jets are my teams as well. They were like Seinfeld-even Steven this year. 1st half, Jets were good, Canucks were bad. Canucks were in fourth place for the Bedard lottery at one point. Now the Canucks are good, and the Jets are bad.

1 Like

I never could get into hockey, though I’ve tried - been to a few games - I went to see the Predators, enjoyed the vibe, but the game… mmm…

I do like the Sharks logo, so I’ll support them. Go Sharks, woo hoo! Win everything!

83dcd3d9b93c6030d9ea0d1ac541006c

Saying that, have fun, fans - hope your teams rock this season

1 Like

The Sharks are super bad this year. So…you don’t have much longer to root for them this season.

1 Like

My team is the worst. Yikes. Gordon Bombay is not amused.
Mission Impossible GIF by CBS

1 Like

Trevor Zegras is no Charlie Conway.

2 Likes

It figures. lol

1 Like

Regular season has ended. Where did your team end up for the playoffs?

After a rough start to the season (whoever came up with our schedule was just sadistic) the Avs took the Central Division last night with a win against the Predators.

It looks like we will be playing The Seattle Kraken in the first round. (And I STILL cannot take that team name seriously, sorry Seattle fans)

1 Like

Here’s my picks

Florida in 7
Toronto in 6
Carolina in 6
Rangers in 7

Colorado in 5
Dallas in 6
Vegas in 7
Edmonton in 6

1 Like

Thoughts…

Avs should take the series but I would like Seattle to put up a fight.

Better dig my Jets jersey out of the closet as my Nucks ones aren’t needed for now

No love for the lightning but they get first dibs of dashing the hopes of Leafs Nation.

Are there enough people Msties to consider a for fun fantasy league next season?

1 Like

Blues finished with their worst record in 15 years. Needless to say, they aren’t going to the playoffs.

1 Like

Avs taking on the Seattle Kraken (snicker) in game one of the playoffs.

Go Avs!

1 Like

Rangers win 5-1 in game one. I’ll take it. Igor should have had the shutout, but whaddaya gonna do…

1 Like