Put on a robe and fling some magic: It's your OPEN THREAD for the premiere of DOCTOR MORDRID, tonight at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, only in the Gizmoplex!

TONIGHT, starting at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, enter the uncanny world of DOCTOR MORDRID, featuring Jeffrey Combs as an interdimensional sorcerer fighting against an evil threatening humanity! Any resemblance to any other magical Doctors, especially ones connected to major comic book franschises, is purely coincidental.

Then, stick around after the show for a LIVE discussion with MORDRID screenwriter C. Courtney Joyner, plus Emily Marsh, Tim Ryder, and Kelsey Ann Brady, led as always by our handsome and stalwart Matt McGinnis!

GOT QUESTIONS for our live guests?

Also, PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME YOUā€™D LIKE TO BE CREDITED UNDER (as well as how to pronounce it) if we read your question during the stream.

:rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light: SPOILER POLICY :rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:

DO NOT POST SPOILERS without encasing them in spoiler tags! Letā€™s not ruin the fun for them.

Spoiler tags look like this, without the extra spaces between the brackets:
[ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ]

Or, you can click the settings button:

Your spoilers will then look all blurry like this: THE PAPER CHASE GUY KILLS MEGAWEAPON, so community members can decide if they want to click on the blur and see what it says.

#SeeYouInTheGizmoplex

9 Likes

Iā€™ve already watched this from the non-livestream release, but will look at the extra content tomorrow.

Second-best Emily episode so far, I would say.

7 Likes

So very excited for another new episode!

Letā€™s do this!

5 Likes

Huzzah! I know even less about this one than I knew about Munchie, and I like it that way!

No, really. I donā€™t even know the first thing about what itā€™s ripping off.

I know itā€™s got that alien guy from The X-Files in it, though.

4 Likes

madmaxlovelyday

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Happy New MST3K Day, everypeoples! :smiley:

LETā€™S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5 Likes

Brian BY GOD Thompson! Always such a fun presence whenever he shows up in stuff, like when he played one of the ill-fated punk goons in The Terminator (along with the late great Bill Paxton there).

9 Likes

Iā€™ve decided on my favorite thing about the revival: The movie selection has gone deep into the 90s, right alongside the showā€™s origins. This bridges Pumaman and the MCU era perfectly, IMO.

Stop making me cry about how much I love this show, please and thank you.

10 Likes

I AM SUCH A HAPPY TEARS DORK OVER THIS DANG SHOW

Which is to say, I understand completely.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a big fan of Doctor Strange, and of course Jeffrey Combs, so Iā€™ve liked this movie for a while. Thereā€™s plenty to riff on, sure, but hold on to your sorting hats, fellow wizards, because the climatic battle is actually pretty dang cool.

Also, since Iā€™ve just verified I am indeed related to Jeffrey Combs (I mean, itā€™s obvious from looking at me, but I found the genealogy trail today), Iā€™ll be happy to accept any praise you have for him on his behalf.

6 Likes

Total agreement. This is the era of movies I grew-up with, so I relate to them so well.

4 Likes

Whew, another week where work burns me to a crisp (and I have two days of it left!)

But hey, whatā€™s this? MST3K?? Time to power through the exhaustion and rejoin the crew for a night of wit, whimsy and off-brand heroicism!

Work is temporary. MST3K is forever!! Letā€™s DOCTOR this MORDRID!!!

4 Likes

If youā€™re like me*, you watch a lot of BBC television and need to keep reminding yourself that itā€™s not Andrew Scott having a rough day.

.*ā€¦and I know I amā€¦

4 Likes

This whole lineup has been absolutely gangbusters. I love the scope and variety of the first four episodes, weā€™re getting something really nifty-looking with Doctor Mordrid (hell yes, Full Moon Entertainment!), and we STILL have the rest of the season to go with some intriguingly eclectic picks!

4 Likes

Hopefully, this movie will be a healing factor for all of us after watching ā€œthe movie I donā€™t EVER want to watch againā€ 2 weeks back.

6 Likes

Yeah, I donā€™t think this one bruised the writers quite so much!

(Unless it horrified them into silence, of course.)

5 Likes

Have already watched this more times than Munchie :joy:

3 Likes

Who doesnā€™t love a Jeffrey Combs vehicle? Iā€™m watching this right now, and although Iā€™d seen clips from the movie before, Iā€™d never watched the full thing.
Well, it is exactly what youā€™d expect a Dr Strange movie starring Jeffrey Combs to be like!

7 Likes

Oh, indeed.

And Iā€™m ALL about any/all Combs-Barbara Crampton team-ups, like with Re-Animator, Castle Freak, and From Beyond.

6 Likes

Antagonist-wise, I canā€™t be the only one thinking of Souptaperā€™s Father Dude:

Particularly since Robert Zā€™Dar is also in that movie.

5 Likes