Put on a robe and fling some magic: It's your OPEN THREAD for the premiere of DOCTOR MORDRID, tonight at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, only in the Gizmoplex!

I think I’ve seen The X-Files about four non-consecutive times total. So I’m going into this relatively fresh.

Also, trying to remember the handful of Doctor Strange comics I once owned. I liked the one where he and The Scarlet Witch went on a (platonic) adventure in The East Village. I’ve never been able to get over how uncomfortable that pointy hood-collar thing on the back of his head must have been, though.

3 Likes

Brian Thompson and Father Dude both have that militant Parrothead aesthetic to them, don’t they?

2 Likes

Beautifully expressed :kissing_heart::pinched_fingers:

4 Likes

You can always rely on him to bring a looming presence. Even to something as staggeringly incompetent as Mortal Kombat II.

4 Likes

jim-carrey-truman

Heh, thank ya kindly! :smiley:

3 Likes

“Frank Frazetta’s Muppet Babies!”

2 Likes

So without saying it’s a Dr Who rip-off, are we saying it’s a Dr Who rip-off?

Because making a movie based on an infamously low budget TV series with dodgy special effects for an even lower budget and with even dodgier special effects has the potential to be all kinds of awesome!

3 Likes

God, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation was a chore.

But Brian Thompson was a DELIGHT as Shao Kahn. That’s who you need as your smack-talking, scenery-chewing conqueror of realms.

“The Earth was created in six days! So too shall it be destroyed! And on the seventh day, mankind will rest… IN PEACE!”

5 Likes

It isn’t a Dr Who rip-off. Wrong Doctor.

But if an American actor was ever going to be cast as Doctor Who, Jeffrey Combs is the first, last and only choice!

4 Likes

Jeffrey Combs in an unauthorized Dr. Mario movie, however, would be AMAZING.

6 Likes

Nah. Josh Kirby: Time Warrior is the Doctor Who rip-off.

4 Likes

Dang. I don’t know any other magical doctors. Unless Dr Dolittle counts (he can talk to the animals). And I don’t think it’s him.

3 Likes

My mind is ready and my beer is cold.

I loved Doctor Mordrid as a kid, and it was my introduction to Jeffrey Combs, whom I have grown to love. I actually re-watched this movie about six months ago, before I knew it was going to be featured on MST3K. Regardless, I know there’s plenty of riffable material, and I’m here for it!

3 Likes

This guy, as recently portrayed by Benedict Crunchynuts.

6 Likes

kirby

Now we need Kirby to hunt him some dinos…

5 Likes

I assume that most of the professors at Hogwarts have their PhDs.

2 Likes

I believe you mean Bandylegged Cumberbund

5 Likes

billandtedairguitar

4 Likes

These movies are of far less interest to me than the older movies during the original run, but time marches on. I still enjoy the show (except for Robot Wars). We’ll still have a few movies coming this season that are up my alley.

3 Likes

The Doctor is IN, everybody!

4 Likes