Put on a robe and fling some magic: It's your OPEN THREAD for the premiere of DOCTOR MORDRID, tonight at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, only in the Gizmoplex!

Beefbowl Carrotsticks

4 Likes

Bandicoot Catchersmitt

4 Likes

I looked up Dr. Mordrid on Wikipedia. Itā€™s basically a ripoff of Doctor Strange.

Yet Wikipedia claims the production staff somehow got comics legend Jack Kirby to produce concept art for the movie. Figure that one out.

3 Likes

S*ut Bunwalla!

Wait, weā€™re doing a different bit, arenā€™t we?

3 Likes

Bob Johnson!

oh, wait

3 Likes

He needed money.

(That didnā€™t take much effort on my part.)

2 Likes

With the opening of the multiverseā€¦
We could have a crossover

3 Likes

doctor-mortalis

5 Likes

Okay, I know MST3K has a history in the past of editing the movies, both for length and to make them more family friendly.

In the Gizmoplex era, is this out the window? Are the movies totally unedited now?

Most importantly, can my twin eight year olds watch live tonight with me, or do I need to watch it by myself first to judge whether to share with them?

The movie itself is rated R.

3 Likes

Not bad at all. Too bad the movie isnā€™t that cool as Kirbyā€™s artwork.

4 Likes

I understand it was an official Doctor Strange movie, but the rights expired just before it went into production, so they had to scramble to make changes or take the loss on all the pre-production work.

3 Likes

Iā€™m all set to see how Rexosaurus is.

ā€¦that was the title the movie was given in Germany for some odd reason.

2 Likes

They still edit them as needed. Except the upcoming Gamera episode which is unedited per a clause in the licensing rights

2 Likes

Watching the non-live version great riffing so far! Just a warning the producer of Laserblast directed this one. Expect cheesiness lol

2 Likes

Anytime that Albert Band or Charles Band is involvedā€¦thatā€™s a given.

2 Likes

They are still editing movies for the current season. I remember one of the cast talking about how they were specifically not allowed to cut down the Gamera movie for this season.

2 Likes

Hmmā€¦ I know MST3K still wants to strive to be family friendly. This movie got an R because itā€™s got nudity and a bunch of F-bombs (one review I read said those were added late in order to get the R rating).

I would assume they edit that out or bleep or whateverā€¦ but I canā€™t promise that. I guess someone on staff needs to answer pretty quickly.

4 Likes

Like Charles Band films especially the puppetmaster series.

3 Likes

Yes! I am not going to miss this premiere. I missed Munchie but missing Mordrid would have been devastating.

4 Likes

I can respect MST3K for wanting to be (at least somewhat family-friendly).

The Three Stooges wouldnā€™t have been as funny if they used live ammo.

3 Likes