Quick Emily Question

Will Emily ever be an experiment in the shows? It’d be interesting to have a female experiment.
(Please no sexist comments. We’re all MSTies here.)

7 Likes

She definitely will be. In fact, she’s getting a holiday movie.

Took me a bit, but I tracked down the specific update comment from Joel about this one. I believe Emily will also host a number of the episodes, perhaps as many as five (since Joel will do two, that leaves ten to divide between her and Jonah, plus the one “all subjects” holiday episode).

From Joel:

Like I said at the end of our last Kickstarter, I’ve always loved holiday TV, and the tradition of “special episodes” from Bing Crosby, Charlie Brown, and of course, Rankin/Bass. We’ve already got three of our own holiday episodes – one each for me, Mike, and Jonah – and now, if we’re able to meet this final goal, it’ll be Emily’s turn.

Also, I think a holiday special would be a really nice moment to make sure that all three of our hosts “meet” on screen before the season ends – and it’ll be a great episode to watch together at our “GRAND FINALE PREMIERE” screening, if you’ve gotten tickets for that.

11 Likes

Emily will be hosting four episodes in season 13, plus she’ll be in the holiday episode, which will feature all three hosts.

18 Likes

That sounds great. Thanks for the response :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hm… I wonder how that would turn out.

2 Likes

I’m not tellin’! :wink:

4 Likes

Obviously Leslie is the season’s major villain, and she kidnaps Joel, Jonah and Emily and forces them to riff for her bemusement.

What a twist!!!

7 Likes

White elephant invention exchanges…?

3 Likes

backing up homer simpson GIF

11 Likes

The geek in me would love to see Emily dress as the The 13th Doctor in a host segment, since she’s another breaking through the Sausage Curtain.

8 Likes

You Cant See Me John Cena GIF by WWE

But I see you!!!

3 Likes

I was just kidding!

3 Likes

PHRASING!!!

Wow. That’s something I never thought I would read…

5 Likes

store update GIF

8 Likes

I’m not- let’s pressure Leslie into spilling the beans!!!

6 Likes

Your weapons are useless against me!

11 Likes

Switching now to hollow threats and running away.

7 Likes

I’m excited as heck for her… she and her cast were hysterical during the last tour (I saw them here in New Orleans), and I’m smitten with ‘em all!

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to it! I know everyone likes to reminisce about what MST3K was, but I’m happy to see the continuation.

If you really love something you should want to see it grow and succeed. Congratulations everyone, wemademoremst3k !

6 Likes

Hm… So let me get this straight. We get four episodes with Emily, two episodes with Joel (4 + 2 = 6), and the six remaining episodes with Jonah (6 + 6 = 12). And then ONE holiday episode with ALL 3 hosts equal 13 episodes! There. I did the math.

5 Likes