GAMERA VS. BARUGON
SST DEATH FLIGHT

Eh, 3 out of 5 I can deal with.

Not bad!

4 Likes

How much Keefe is in that list?

8 Likes

mst3krandom5
I’m liking this list! (With all four hosts featured too!)

6 Likes

I would watch that marathon.

5 Likes

But I love you just the same. Now go practice your piano if you get lonely.

5 Likes

So, I recreated this in my MST3K tracker, and I got a nice mix the first time around.

Ep. # Episode Title Last view Notes
1305 DOCTOR MORDRID 6/10/2022 Gizmoplex
106 THE CRAWLING HAND 1/22/2023
802 THE LEECH WOMAN 1/1/1900 Not in Gizmoplex
320 THE UNEARTHLY with POSTURE PALS & APPRECIATING OUR PARENTS 10/23/2022
618 HIGH SCHOOL BIG SHOT with OUT OF THIS WORLD 1/1/1900
4 Likes

I like Hamlet maybe more than the average fan, but twice in a row? fughgeddaboudit.

6 Likes

I could see myself doing this and then going, “Aw but I wanted to watch the Bubble!” or whatever.

But let’s see what it gives me…

Screenshot 2023-06-13 175225

A very nice selection, I liked them all. If it was football season I might go with PACKERS! But it’s not, and the two that jumped out at me as those I’m always happy to watch… Starfighters or Satan (who might have actually made Starfighters)

Now I’ll randomly generate a winner by throwing their names in a hat… and the winner is…

Starfighters! :confetti_ball:

“Aw, but I kind of wanted to watch Satan”

6 Likes

The way I see it, if you get a random selection but think “I’d rather watch $EPISODE”, then watch that one. For me, the new-found beauty of the random selection is that it breaks the vapor lock of deciding on an episode and helps prevent watching the same 3-4 episodes all the time.

That’s also why I track when I last watched an episode. I check that before I put something on - if I last watched it like 3 weeks ago that’s probably a sign I’m just remembering watching it, not that I want to rewatch it.

7 Likes

Yeah, imagine if Netflix only had a dozen things to choose from at a time. I’d totally actually watch something instead of scrolling endlessly. (I got smart after a year and a half of not watching anything and just canceled my membership.)

5 Likes

It was a joke, kind of an inside one -

I had a girlfriend who, when we’d think about going out to eat, would ask me what I wanted. I never cared; I’ll eat anything. But she insisted, and to help would give me choices, we can go to this, that, or the other? And every time, no matter what I picked, I could say let’s do pizza, and she’d go “Aw, but I kind of wanted Chinese.”

So why didn’t you just say that in the first place, because I seriously don’t care… and off we’d go to Chinese.

I’m the same with eps, I’ll just watch, whatever. I don’t track 'em, don’t overthink it, sometimes I’ll even randomly pull something off the shelf. (Close my eyes and… that’s the MST I’m watching tonight - my own random generator system)

5 Likes

I… watch them in order. Over and over again. I don’t have to decide what’s next, and it spaces out viewings. But random is fun, too.

5 Likes