Random Facts about Movies that have been Riffed

I think those are about his only movie credits, too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

David Winters, the producer of Space Mutiny, was in the cast of the multiple Oscar-winning West Side Story and directed Alice Cooper’s fantastic concert movie Welcome to my Nightmare.

3 Likes

Fugitive Alien and Fugitive Alien 2 are part of a Japanese TV series based on a trilogy of books by Edmond Hamilton (NOT a series by David Gerrold, also called Star Wolf. The plot is nothing like this one). I bought and read (and thoroughly enjoyed) the books after watching the episodes numerous times (and I did a complete summary of the books once, complete with the similarities and differences to the movies).

The first book has a lot of similarities to Fugitive Alien (and a little bit in Fugitive Alien 2). The third book has a few things seen in Fugitive Alien 2. The second book is either in a different part of the Japanese series or they skipped it completely because there’s pretty much nothing in either movie that even remotely touches the plot in the second book.

I had to track down used copies because the books aren’t in print anymore but I’m glad I did. They were a fun read.

4 Likes

That’s actually really weird, You’d think that the only difference would be the mention of crossing the border to canada

1 Like

It adds an extra level of goodness to The Crawling Hand to know its deeply unlikable protagonist was suspected of killing his actor wife for money at the time of his own passing. (He managed to avoid a trial by avoiding extradition to her home country: The Philippines.)

1 Like

Susan Hart Nicholson. About 18 months ago there was alot of buzz that a deal had finally been made between her and Shout! Factory, but there’s been no news since. Too bad. Guess i’ll just keep dreaming of the day a complete, chronological Season 1 to Season 10 BluRay release of MST3K is announced.

3 Likes

Jay Livingston and Ray Evans, who wrote the songs Kitty sings in I Accuse My Parents, would go on to win three Best Song Oscars. The best known of these is “Que Sera, Sera”. They even have a shared star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7083 Hollywood Blvd.

2 Likes

I loved McKinney’s Shout Factory interview in which he basically said he had the best deal any actor could: well known enough to make a good living but unknown enough so that when he went out in public people didn’t bug him. :smiley:

2 Likes