Random movie button?

Just a random idea for our movie collections on gizmoplex. Sometimes we just want a random episode off the shelf. The feature could take currently shown filtering into account too so for example: random season 5 episode.

I kind of also like how in twitch, we can just tune into the middle of whatever is streaming and drop in mid way, with a chat. I think someone else mentioned a public theater room. Could be cool, not sure how it would stay funded since the twitch method of ads is pretty bad. Maybe access comes with a subscription to the current live season?

12 Likes

Sounds like a fun idea. I know what you mean about the joy of dropping in mid-way through a random movie.

1 Like

I’d like a Shuffle button that just pulls up one random episode after another.

5 Likes

I’d love an MST3K roulette system like that!

(Until I get The Castle of Fu Manchu, but still!)

I really like this idea! I’d also like to see the option of setting up playlists if at all possible in the future?

3 Likes

That would really help me, as I work and sleep with MST3K on in the background.

1 Like

Yeah, like a shuffle option to just pick random movies. I really like that idea!

I was also hoping to make my own playlists of movies, so maybe I could have a playlist of space movies, a playlist of horror movies, and a playlist of movies that I found exceptionally funny… Then I should be able to shuffle those as well.

:v::heart::artificial_satellite::robot::film_projector::new_moon:

3 Likes

I agree, I think the ability to set your own playlists would be a great feature for anyone to use for titles they’ve purchased.

I think the Gizmoplex Vault Picks are kind of going to be something you can just throw on and watch uninterrupted, but of course that’s a shorter list. It would be nice to have a running stream like Twitch, even if it’s only available to subscribers.

1 Like

My partner and I were thinking, just sometimes you just want a randomized MSTie movie. Would there be any way to have a just a button to press to get a random movie that you own?

We’ve done our own randomized movie watch, but we were just thinking if it could be possible on the Gizmoplex?

1 Like

Basically like a shuffle mode?

1 Like

Hey all, it’s a good idea, and we’re merging this over to the previous discussion we’ve had on this and bumping it all up for further visibility.

Thanks much and vote if you want to see it!

2 Likes