Reactions error message

Recently whenever I’ve tried checking out the message that alerts me that someone reacted to several of my posts, I’m greeted with this error message

2 Likes

Is this through the app or the website? Device?

1 Like

Website

1 Like

And you’re clicking on the links from the drop down menu when you click your avatar? I’m checking with Chrome and cannot repeat the behavior. Is it still happening and what browser are you using?

1 Like

Yep, I’m indeed doing that. When I click on the entry in drop down list, it takes me to that error. I’m currently using Edge.

1 Like

Hmm, it sounds like an issue with Edge. I can’t get it to happen in Chrome. Was there a browser update recently?

1 Like

@TheLurker are you still seeing this error?

1 Like

I’m not sure, but the problem is fairly recent.

1 Like

Ack that was supposed to be a response to @LadyShelley

1 Like

Please keep us posted. Given the error code I would think this is a server error and not from your browser, but it’s still possible it’s an Edge incompatibility.

1 Like

Ack! Just tested it and it’s happening with mobile Safari, too. So it’s not just with Edge.

1 Like

That makes sense, thanks for the update.

1 Like

Just a FYI, I’m on Edge (literally… but seriously) it hasn’t happened to me, it’s still working as it always has.

Hmm a new wrinkle. It’s been a few hours since @TheLurker initially reported it. Maybe it has cleared now?

@TheLurker Another thing you might try are the usual suspects of clearing cookies and doing a hard restart of the browser. If there’s a piece of garbage code floating around in your machine, that might get rid of it.

1 Like

@TheLurker, when you have the chance, could you locate a non-working link and copy the URL? I’d like to compare it to a similar notification that works in my browser.

1 Like

It seems to be working currently.

1 Like

Oh, good. It may have been a temporary problem on the Discourse side of things. I’ll set a reminder to follow up with you, and if it’s still good in a few days we’ll consider this solved.

1 Like

@TheLurker, could you please try again and see if this is cooperating for you?

Yeah. It’s cooperating.

Nice, good to hear. I’ll close this topic. If this becomes a problem again, let me know and I’ll re-open the topic for you.