Reactions vs. Likes

Oh, one of Capone’s boys, eh!

I’m sorry, but you’re getting :open_mouth: for everything now! :grinning:

1 Like

I’ll be tormented, tossing and turning in bed, brow beaded in a cold sweat… “what does it mean! WHAT DOES IT MEAN!”

“SQUANTOOOOOOO!”

We’ll just give you more hugs to soften the uncertainty.
:hugs:

3 Likes

I am so basic with reactions. I just hit the heart button. I’m like the old man at the grocery store just wanting a bottle of ranch dressing but is stupefied by the thousands of choices thrown in front of me.

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean, that’s pretty much a classic!

Why is it that the “thumb up” emojilet or whatever one calls those little images is not visible?

Very strange!

One advantage of having a mix of reactions to a post is that a third party can, out of curiosity, see the breakdown of who “reacted” and in what manner, which is unavailable in the “only hearts” posts.

At least as far as I can discern.

There’s also some glitchidik with displaying one’s own reactions to earlier posts. Could be error or latency in the host server or PaaS, I guess.

Weird things!

3 Likes

It is the least offensive go to button.

2 Likes

Most offensive is…? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah! Sunglasses are arrogant.

1 Like

And ball bearings inspector to you too, sir! :innocent:

2 Likes

Uh… wow. OK then. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Arrogant? Moi?

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I’ve only belatedly noticed that when I use the thumbs up reaction, it sticks around for a few seconds and then disappears forever. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Apparently Discourse is trying to change my mind for me about things I approve of. So… sorry in advance, Everyone. Please don’t get upset. It’s not you, nor me. It’s our platform just fomenting strife and dismay, on purpose. :cry: Probably because its parents didn’t hug it enough during the design stage. :man_shrugging:

1 Like
… I had Jell-O today…

:open_mouth:

3 Likes

Exactly. It wasn’t until a comment in this thread that I realized it was the “thumbs up” that is the problem not just for me but for others as well.

How strange!

Why?

I like the Discourse platform, more or less, but what a strange error that has not been remediated or ameliorated.

2 Likes

Or embiggened or cromulented.

2 Likes

Someone hurt their feelings once by accusing them of being… ALL THUMBS!!

:kissing:

Thank you! Enjoy the buffet!

3 Likes

But…should one…tip one’s waitress?

Yeah, pretty sure.

But I’m not trying the veal, though.

1 Like

Turned out it was only veal substitute. :jp: :norway:

2 Likes

Ah, Vealveeta.

2 Likes