Recipes For Disaster

Had a situation over the weekend which proved to be a ‘recipe for disaster’ - and I started thinking to myself: “What would a REAL recipe for disaster look like?” Voila! The power of the internet:

Feel free to add your own ‘recipes for disaster’ - I think it could be really fun.

6 Likes
  • chicken
  • corn
  • green peppers
  • chili
  • onions
8 Likes

If he appears as your leading man and it’s a comedy, it’s a recipe for disaster. These days.

4 Likes

Is making your own recipe for disaster anything like making your own ipecac?

2 Likes

Nod Yes GIF by Captain Obvious

2 Likes

Aidy Bryant Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

nuclear explosion GIF

2 Likes

[studies bank account]

:pleading_face:

I have already won this contest. Everybody go home.

5 Likes

Even in the 1990’s he was a disaster for a recipe!

2 Likes

I don’t know, Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore are pretty funny. I can’t say that much for the rest of his oeuvre.

2 Likes

Billy Madison (1995), Happy Gilmore (1996), and The Wedding Singer (1998) are great and I still watch them. The Waterboy (1998) is on the line and after that none of the rest work for me. A friend tries to convince me to see The Longest Yard (2005), Grown Ups (2010), and Just Go With It (2011) and I haven’t mustered the strength yet.

2 Likes

The Wedding Singer was okay as a romantic comedy, but like most romantic comedies, it wasn’t actually all that funny. Not a bad movie though.

2 Likes

Drew Barrymore and Billy Idol save it. Sandler simply didn’t destroy it is all. The 80s retro vibe and novelty keep that alive. The comedy is okay like you said yet it didn’t gut everything else happening like later Sandler.

3 Likes

How about Little Nicky?

1 Like

My read? It crossed “the line” into bad movie country. Perhaps so bad it’s good? Maybe but not for me. It felt tacky. Again that’s me.

1 Like

I agree. Little Nicky was not great.

1 Like

This inspired to me to create a thread.

Some people shouldn’t be given control over the movies they star in, he is the poster child for this

2 Likes

Add a a director to it and you have
tyler perry thug GIF

1 Like

Worst comedy Mike Nelson has seen. Yes, worse than Hobgoblins.

" History is divided into two epochs. The Time Before Little Nicky and The Time After Little Nicky . Before Little Nicky all was sunshine and light. Earth was paradise, the flowers were in bloom, children laughed more, the land flowed with milk and honey. After Little Nicky , all is darkness. The birds have stopped singing, the air is hot and foul, even Mary Lou Retton seems listless and sad.

Why? Why did it have to happen? I understand why Adam Sandler would feel it necessary to play the son of Satan, sent on a mission to Manhattan to retrieve his renegade brothers: because, after making Billy Madison , it became clear that Adam Sandler most probably is the son of Satan.

But why the screechy baby voice and the hideously deformed face? Why Harvey Kietel as Satan? Why sweet, talented Reese Witherspoon as Angel Holly? Why Kevin Nealon as Tit-Head? Do you hate humanity that much?

Please, make it The Time Before Little Nicky again. Please?"

4 Likes