Recurring dreams?

oops… wasn’t sure which one it was, and got distracted before I had time to look it up! almost forgot to post the damn thing too…

1 Like

I only know a few words and phrases in japanese thanks to dragonball. but that’s as far as I go. probably can’t spell them right either :).

1 Like

I know the feeling, all the Japanese I know I learned from Fist of the North Star. I also learned that shouting “I’ll take down anyone who gets in my way with a single finger!” in Japanese while at a bar in Okinawa is more likely to get you kicked out than served.

2 Likes

When I was younger, it was tornado dreams. Also a lot of dreams took place in or around my grandma’s house.

More recently, elevator dreams. With either the floor dropping out, or no door/only 3 walls.

Also more recurring is wandering around airports trying to find the gate.

And…the ones where I need to get to a lower floor of whatever building I’m in, but the stairway is nothing but MC Escher like stairs that aren’t humanly possible to climb down.

Ugh, time to go brew some calm tea…

2 Likes

Haven’t had it in years, honestly don’t recall much of dreams in the last decade, but when I was younger, i would have a sequence in dreams where I would find myself in a long corridor of what seems like a fancy hotel, all dark woods and ornate looking.

No idea where if anywhere this hallway exists, or where my head conjured if from. I would be in another dream “storyline” turn a corner or go thru a door and boom, here I was again.

The really fun thing about the hallway, is I don’t ever remember going to a different dream from there. I’d either just be in there and wake up, or I’d have the lovely time of watching the red carpet of the hallway kind of… Tsunami over me followed by waking up.

So yhea… Fun times.

2 Likes

There’s also another type of media that’s related to dreams, like Klonoa.

2 Likes

Guess it’s a little cliche for these forums but in highschool I had a recurring MST3k dream. Not being in the show or anything, just watching it. Watching the show was kind of a safe, comfortable thing for me as a teenager and I guess that bled over into my dreams. I would very much like that dream back

3 Likes
3 Likes

Yep, I’ve had that one several times.

I’ve had two similar recurring dreams for decades. One involves discovering a new room or series of rooms in my house. The other involves being in a large, labyrinthine building of some kind (such as a mall, an airport or a museum) and trying to find either a specific room or (more often) an exit. Sometimes I’m being chased by something, but usually it’s just the feeling of not being able to find the way out and becoming more frantic as time passes.

Yep, similar to this.

3 Likes

I wake up pissy after those types of dreams!

2 Likes

I keep missing entire semesters and now I’m going back to school for real and it’s not going to be great.

1 Like

(the original comment’s deleted by yours truly, so the HQ version of the vid shall do.)
Speaking of continuous dreams…
There’s this one song from Quintet called: Yume no Tsuzuki (夢のつづき), or Continuous Dream if you roughly translate it. Basically, the song’s about what dreams you want to know, don’t want to know, etc.

1 Like

Had one of my “channel surfing” dream nights…

Usually I dream pretty continuously, with only minor “inline shifts.” But every now and again, I jump from dream to dream, the setting changing wildly, and while I sleep the night through, I wake up exhausted. Last night I started out on an escalator in a mall to swimming in a hotel lobby fountain to polishing a ski lift to a great ending scene…

…looking down at a diamond ring on my left hand and “saying” aloud, “Who the ($#@ gave me that and why did I say yes??” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(Considering I am not a jewelry person and have long maintained I don’t want an engagement ring should it ever occur, I am even more amused by my subconscious!)

2 Likes

I continue to have my Vast House dreams and my Overstuffed Bookstore dreams on the regular. Sometimes the bookstore dream is in a regular department-type store, but there are almost always books.

1 Like

I usually have recurring settings, but rarely full recurrences.

I tend to have some control over my dreams, so that might have something to do with it.

On a different note, last night, I managed to continue a dream perfectly after waking up briefly multiple times.

1 Like

I’ve done that.

I also start dreaming immediately after falling asleep, or within a few minutes. It’s supposed to take several hours to get to REM sleep, but I can drop off for 15-20 minutes and wake up having had an actual dream. I’ve searched the web for explanations of this, and the answers are nearly unanimous that I have narcolepsy. If I do, that’s the only symptom. Which is cool… I mostly like my dreams and I never have actual nightmares.

2 Likes

one of the weirder dreams I’ve had in a while.

I was trying too follow someone in a foreign town. I didn’t know where I was going. they where getting WAY ahead of me. I eventually wandered in too what looked like a hotel. started looking for directions when this person dressed in a hospital robe litterally smashed a persons head, causing it too explode black. and started doing it too others. no one else seemed concerned by this, so I left fast.

totally random, totally weird…no idea why I dreamed it.

I had another weird reading-in-a-dream experience the other night. I was typing something on a computer screen and one of the words was Moonlighting - the name of the TV show. I saw that it was misspelled and backspaced over it to try to type it again, but it kept coming out with a different misspelling. I concluded the keyboard must have had something spilled in it.

2 Likes

everyone says bathrooms in dreams are weird, but there was one in my dream a couple nights ago that was completely normal (save for a screenshot of a google image search of the color blue framed on the wall).

1 Like

Reading in a dream is extremely rare for me – maybe 2-3 times in my whole life – so it stands out when it happens. On some level our subconscious briefly becomes a writer in order to create that content, then a different level of consciousness reads it in the dream. It’s some really meta/Inception-like stuff, I love it.