Red Letter Media

These guys are definitely much more rough around the edges than the MST3K fam but they have a similar charm and love dunking on both well known and underground movies alike. They mention MST3K in passing here and there and I know some of our fanbase has gotta check them out if you’re unaware, they have an excellent series covering the Star Wars movie series and have an excellent running show called “Half in the Bag” on their Youtube channel that pretty much slays. Check em out!

11 Likes

I love these folks but yeah, definitely a lot more harsh than the usual MST3K episode. That Phantom Menace takedown is historic.

7 Likes

I discovered RedLetterMedia while searching for a review of Hard Ticket to Hawaii. Since then, I have watched many of the movies featured on Best of the Worst/Plinketto, thanks to their descriptions.
Rich Evans is a national treasure!

6 Likes

Yep. I love ‘em too. When they post a new video, I get really excited.

2 Likes

RLM for the win. Their channel is on heavy rotation at home.

Reply to this post and I’ll mail you some Pizza Rolls.

8 Likes

I only eat the combination ones mista

1 Like

I have no doubt there is a lot of overlap between both fanbases.

4 Likes

it also looks like Jonah follows them on twitter as well as Patton.

1 Like

He appears in Space Cop and survived Plinketto #8. I guess he doesn’t have any hard feelings…?

5 Likes

I just assumed everyone in the thread knew about his soul crushing experiences with RLM

2 Likes

I enjoyed watching those young fellers discover the majesty of Cameron Mitchell.

6 Likes

Best of the Worst and Re:View are almost always good.

2 Likes

I’ve been watching them ever since the Star Wars prequel reviews. They hooked me with all of the weird Plinkett side stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks to RedLetterMedia, I now support Len Kabasinski on Patreon. He just did a crowdfunder for his latest movie, which he’s making right now.
Among the stars are Leo ‘Low Blow’ Fong and Jon Mikl Thor from the two ‘Nightmare’ movies that all MSTies should know very well.
Matt Hannon from ‘Samurai Cop’ was also going to be in it, but pulled out quite early in the casting process. Maybe next time…
Len also does a semi-regular ‘Forgotten Movie Den’ video, where he chats about B-movie obscurities, usually ones with a martial arts element.

3 Likes

I also backed “Pact of Vengeance”.

Len is a cool dude. And he’s gotten better.

2 Likes

Compare ‘Challenge of Five Gauntlets’ to his earlier work, and it shows that he’s clearly eager to learn. I think the RLM guys may have helped with some technical advice since they first met up.

3 Likes

I leave this here, for your enjoyment. Assuming you’ve watched the relevant Wheel of the Worst episode, that is. Otherwise, you will be confused.

4 Likes

What’s wrong with Rich Evans’ face?!

2 Likes

EEEEVEEEERRRRYYYTTHHHIINNGGGG!!!

2 Likes

I actually bought a digital copy of Space Cop when they finally released it. It was… eh.

But yeah, I’ve been a huge fan since the original Plinkett Star Wars reviews days. There’s not a whole lot of online creators that I can say I’ve been a consistent fan for over a decade and still get excited every time I see a new video put out.

Rich Evans has the laugh of an angel.

3 Likes