Regarding Joel's Tormented Dangling Legs

Why do no MST3K becostumed masqueraders gad about in jump suit short pants? Joel’s naked, dangling legs in the Tormented episode suggest that as an option but everyone’s going around with gams unrevealed.

joelegs

And don’t get me started on the shoes!

13 Likes

I just really want confirmation that those aren’t stunt legs. [ahem] Some of the more intense Mike stans can be ever-so-slightly stubborn about this. (Despite the fact that we saw Joel’s pins at least one other time: in the climactic battle against Timmy in Fire Maidens.)

4 Likes

6 Likes

[makes those raucous Tex Avery-ish noises like they did when Kolos first met the cute blind musician in Human Duplicators ]

4 Likes

Just look at 'em …

5 Likes

He’s had worse shoes.

8 Likes

Tex Avery Vintage Animation GIF

6 Likes

Whoever it is has upper body stamina.

2 Likes

But still no socks. For Joel costumes to be authentic: no socks.

2 Likes

I side with Joel on this point. My feet are free from the cotton prison.

2 Likes

We also see Joel’s calves in the “Doc Martens for Don Martin” segment in The Girl in Lovers Lane, which I coincidentally happened to be watching just now.

2 Likes

I never understood this… I understand going sans long pants if your legs are off camera. Production light heat & what-not. Your legs aren’t showing, so no need to cover them. But, in those few scenes he did show the gams… why not have the legs covered in a full length jumpsuit. His arms are covered. Wouldn’t his legs be covered? Has there ever been a long-sleeve, short pants jumpsuit?!? This probably disturbs more than it should.

2 Likes

I seem to recall there’s a photo in the slideshow in the Scrapbook Tape of them filming that scene where it was Joel and he was in a harness, but I may be misremembering. It has been a few years.

2 Likes

The suit’s legs are probably just rolled up.

Also, every good host understands the value of fanservice. :wink: (Mike got to be shirtless and wear a crop top.)

3 Likes

I like that… “fanservice.” But still, it’s just wrah-ung.

3 Likes

Lol. Right and wrong is all relative when you’re in space. :balance_scale:

2 Likes

Ooh la la

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 9.00.19 PM

I’m only going on about why nobody is playing short pant Joel. Anyone playing no pant MikeGlenn may attract local doughnut addicts.

4 Likes

I think we all know where this is going.

DrFSixPack

8 Likes

:question:
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Just so happened that Shoutfactory is showing the War of the Colossal Beast experiment right now.

2 Likes