Rewards Question

Anyone know who I can/should contact about kickstarter rewards questions? Not looking for a timetable or anything, I can be patient. I just have moved from the address I was at when I did my pledge and want to make sure there is a way to update it to my new place. Thanks!

3 Likes

You should be able to do that once the pledge manager is pushed forward to backers. It hasn’t dropped yet.

6 Likes

According to the last update, backer surveys are scheduled to start this week, barring any incidents of course. You should have the option to update address, which rewards you want to keep / remove / add on, and see what shipping will be.

4 Likes

There will also be an update once all surveys are sent, so wait for that to drop before worrying too much about not getting it. But yeah, you will be able to sort out delivery to the new address on that survey as far as I am aware.

2 Likes

I backed at Experiment 15 with a tshirt addon-
If I want to upgrade to the plastic 3d glasses and get a second pair…
A.should I do the increase your pledge link?
Or
B.should I start the survey now?

If you want to increase the pledge level, do not fill in the survey. If you want to buy a specific add on, complete the survey to add extras at the end.

2 Likes

Rather than clutter things up with a new topic…
Can anyone tell me where to access the Certificate/ID Card?
(You’ll also get a printable Gizmoplex "Founders” Certificate and ID Card, to prove you helped #BuildTheGizmoplex.)

Hasn’t been sent yet. Part of the digital stuff we get when the rewards are sent.

4 Likes

I just got my backer survey and filled it out. They mentioned in a previous email that the emails go out in batches and it might take some time (days) to get it to everyone. They do have a way for you to manage your pledge and edit your address before everything ships.

2 Likes

Closer to the shipping time, you’ll be asked again for any changes to address. Not sure about pledge levels / add-ons but fairly sure it was answered in a similar topic in here.

1 Like

Everyone will get the chance to update your shipping address when we are closer to actually shipping; the timeline for sending rewards out is a little murky right now as COVID has unfortunately extended fulfillment times, but we will include more specific timing in an update when we’ve figured out the full impact. Thanks for your continued patience!

9 Likes

Is there a reason why Jonah’s patch has 21 experiments counted as opposed to Joel and Emily’s, where the numbers reflect the total after this batch is made? Is Jonah only hosting one episode this season?

4 Likes

Damn. That is a GOOD catch, and also an incomplete version of the actual artwork. We will make sure to TRIPLE check the count of missions before putting the patches into production. Thank you for flagging that for us!

8 Likes

With the virtual set visit, will there be multiple days/times to choose from? And as a central timezone MSTie, will there be an option for an evening time or a weekend?

If not, I just want to make sure I can get plenty of lead in time to clear my schedule for whatever random afternoon it will be on. And to make sure my kid isn’t in school during that time!

3 Likes

With the one-episode-per-month schedule now announced for 2022, does this mean we won’t see the DVD/Blu ray sets until 2023?(!)

1 Like

Releasing episodes on media early would certainly conflict with the idea of exciting monthly premieres.

2 Likes

I think that’s a safe assumption as 1313 (which ironically is not the Halloween episode) won’t premiere likely until a year from now on the Gizmoplex. I don’t think it’s that much different than the wait time for the Netflix wait for exclusivity to end and the discs to be released for those seasons.

3 Likes

That’s a looong wait, almost two years from the end of the Kickstarter. As much as I don’t particularly care for the drop-a-whole-season-at-once Netflix model, at least we got the discs pretty quickly after the season premiered. And we didn’t have to wait for the exclusivity to end – that affected the discs sold by Shout, but the backer editions went out months ahead of those.

1 Like

Actually, it was longer than you might remember it.

The original Kickstarter ended on December 11, 2015. The new episodes (Season 11) debuted on April 14, 2017 – about 16 months later. We were allowed to provide the digital copies of the episodes to backers right away – just like we will for Season 13 – but our agreement with Netflix required us to wait 6 months before we could release them on disc, so we didn’t send those out until November of 2017. That’s 23 months after the Kickstarter ended.

For Season 13, our campaign ended on May 7, 2021 – so if you have the new box set before April 2023, you’ll still have gotten it faster than you did in our first Kickstarter campaign. And as of now, since we expect to air all of Season 13 next year, and then send out the box sets not long after that, you should get the box sets themselves in January of 2023, instead of waiting for April 2023. So, it’ll be three months faster than before.

14 Likes

Awesome news, thanks Ivan!

So… it’ll just feel like forever… :wink:

3 Likes