Richard Basehart is up for auction (seriously, you couldn't make this stuff up)

Keep it on the downlow from GPC, willya? From The Island of Dr Moreau (our very own Burt Lancaster!) no less!!!

https://propstoreauction.com/lot-details/index/catalog/361/lot/107146?_gl=1*1p5bwey*_ga*OTY0NzU0MzgyLjE2NzY2NTk1OTg.*_ga_G5FGFR31E3*MTY3NjY1OTU5Ny4xLjEuMTY3NjY2MTMwMy4zOC4wLjA.

If I had the funds for it, I’d be buying it scanning, it, creating a digital ver that has some expression to it, printing and sculpting, and pairing that up in a case with GPC somewhere, with much creep factor.

4 Likes

We should definitely get it to GPC so she can whisper sweet nothings to it at night.

1 Like

That’s the kind of thing that I would be afraid would suddenly come alive. In a horror movie, those eyes would suddenly open and stare at you malevolently.

2 Likes

Whatever you do don’t put on The Mask!!

3 Likes

Has GPC mentioned Richard Basehart since the revival? I don’t recall it if she has.

4 Likes

Jan in the Pan and GPC are totally gonna throw hands over who gets Richie B.
If they had hands.

3 Likes

I can’t think of one, though I was hoping she’d contribute to the family art re-do sketch, with an image of him in the sky.

3 Likes

It’s the top thing I associate with Richard Basehart.

Like, whenever I come across something that stars him, my first thought is always: “Someone should alert GPC!” :smiley:

5 Likes

Ultimately, Richard Basehart’s greatest legacy is being the subject of a fictional robot’s fixation on a puppet show that dunks on cheesy movies.

I mean, really, as legacies go, it’s not a bad one.

6 Likes

It wasn’t his fault, but Richard Basehart had a really big face.

2 Likes

Apparently it was used to make Richard Basehart look like this:

Seriously, that’s Richard Basehart as “Sayer of the Law” in The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977)

2 Likes