Rif-Fest 2024

Actually, great question since I would also prefer to take a train if that’s doable. I know I can take Amtrak from Effingham, IL to Chicago.

There is a Metra stop in Joliet, which is also an Amtrak stop! It’s only 13 minutes from our house. =)

1 Like

We have movie sig…er SNACKS!

Definitely need more candy.

6 Likes

Pool’s up! Bring your swim suit!!

6 Likes

@ambiguous25 in the pool…lol!

3 Likes

IMG_0876

5 Likes

Pride noodles!

5 Likes

As we are a month out (give or take a day) just bumping to see if anyone else is up for Rif-Fest in NE Illinois. There will be games, prizes and raffles! Shirts are $10 each and all attendees get a free drinking vessel! Let me know ASAP, as I need to make the shirts and finish the bottles.

Swaaaag!

(if you come in costume, with a bot, some sort of RiffTrax or MST3K reference, you’ll win a prize each day!)

7 Likes

Warning if you go: they will not heed my bagel decree.

5 Likes

Only the bottles are swag. The shirts are merch, even if you use Max’s debit card.

4 Likes

The prizes for wearing festive attire is swag and the raffle prizes are also swaaag! All free. Technically, the game prizes are swag, as they are also free.

Food is free, beds are free… there’s a lot of free :poop: happening! :tada::confetti_ball:

$10 for a designed shirt is pretty :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:ing cheap! :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

@Armetus

Just popping in to confirm my attendance - Joliet is only about an hour from my home in Schaumburg, IL, so I can socialize all day and still sleep in my own bed! :sleeping_bed:

Put me down for a shirt as well - I take a 3X, and I’m happy to pay a few bucks over $10 if you like, since I know from experience that there’s a size premium when you’re printing T-shirts.

4 Likes

45 minutes, the way I drive! :laughing:

Firstly, yay!!

I’ll let you know… but I should be able to obtain a 3X for under $10 :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Ok, now I have to figure out what to do between 11 and 5 pm and take driving time into account.

4 Likes

Random thought: Coffee.

I mostly do not partake. We do whip up a pot of Jen’s-the-only-coffee-she-drinks from Maui for to share. But we have a Keurig and a regular pot making machine for whatever you prefer. We have powdered Coffee-Mate, and a couple fun sugar free liquid creamers. But if you want something specific, or just half and half, we can grab it. I will have whole milk, if you’re a savage! :coffee:

4 Likes

I’ll also be back and forth between my hotel and Chez Riff each day, and I’m sure there’ll be a drive-thru on the way.

2 Likes

There’s Starbucks and Duncan this way.

3 Likes

Do you have a kettle?

1 Like

There’s probably coffee at Hawk Chevrolet. You just have to pretend to be interested in buying a car.

4 Likes

But really, what are they going to do if you give them the finger and tell them you’re just there for the free coffee?

3 Likes