RIFFED! (a total ripoff of Framed)

Hey there, movie lovers! Is the game Framed kicking your butt on a daily basis? Tired of trying to guess the name of a movie you’ve never heard of? Want to level the playing field a bit?

Welcome to RIFFED!, a total ripoff of Framed but using movies from MST3K, RiffTrax and The Mads Are Back only. Here’s how it works:

1. I’ll post 6 frames from a riffed movie, going from (hopefully) more obscure to (hopefully) more obvious.
  2. View them one at a time, and as soon as you know what it is post your score—but don’t post the answer!
  3. Liberal use of the spoiler tag in discussions is encouraged.

Got it? Let’s do this thing! Starting with a gimme …

RIFFED! #1

Frame 1

Frame 2

Frame 3

Frame 4

Frame 5

Frame 6

Solution

The Magic Sword

14 Likes

Got it in 2. After the first clue I thought it might be Quest of the Delta Knights.

7 Likes

Oh cool!

Not sure how well I’ll do with this one either. I can never remember titles.

8 Likes

One! I know that floor anywhere!

(Or: lucky guess.)

8 Likes

I’m with @Chris_Combs - that floor was definitely distinctive!

8 Likes

Nice choices for frames. Had it for sure by 3.

8 Likes

Ooh, this is a great idea!

Had an inkling at #2, but #3 clinched it: The Magic Sword

7 Likes

I needed the 6th frame to remember the name of the movie… knew that I knew it early on… but the name was escaping me.

7 Likes

Got the floor in one. 2nd confirmed it. I like this game! There’s a ~50% chance I’ve actually seen one of these, unlike the 1% in Framed. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

One

5 Likes

Aw, yeah, I might actually get some of these, unlike the blue-tinted stuff in the other thread I’ve never seen.

4 Likes

Definitely not a lucky guess for me. I got it in one. I have no idea how I recognized it immediately since it’s not even one of my top episodes. Something about the color maybe. It certainly had a unique color palette.

4 Likes

RIFFED! #2

Frame 1

Frame 2

Frame 3

Frame 4

Frame 5

Frame 6

Solution

Night of the Lepus

7 Likes

Got it in 5! DeForest Kelley made that unmistakable.

4 Likes

Had an idea in 2, confirmed in 3.

3 Likes

Ah, hadn’t seen that one. And I thought we were specifically doing MST3K movies, so I was confused.

6 Likes

Same here.

4 Likes

It said in the intro that we’d be using movies from the world of riffing, not just MST - which is good (I might be too familiar with MST, having seen them… well, a whole heck of a lot)

For this one, I thought it was that William Shatner spider movie Rifftrax did, and got a laugh when I saw I was in the right universe, with DeForest Kelley, but had the wrong ‘nature attacks’ movie

It took me till 5 - though frame 2 made me go, “Hmm, I know that scene and those actors…”

5 Likes

The silhouettes give away a lot so I’m trying to use non-MSTed copies of things, too. That definitely makes the other riffing franchises easier to use from this side of the equation.

6 Likes

I see that now. I missed it the first time.

3 Likes