RIFFED! (a total ripoff of Framed)

I haven’t seen this one.

4 Likes

This one’s a hoot if for no other reason than the ridiculous cast listing. The Love Boat could only dream.

4 Likes

Wow! That’s like a whole season’s worth of Love Boat/Fantasy Island guests.

4 Likes

Frame 1: I don’t think I’ve seen this one.
Frame 2: Yes I have, SST Death Flight: welcome to Senegal. Funny how Frame 1 doesn’t look like an SST, but maybe electrics and leaking aviation fuel isn’t a good mix.

Yeah, I mean, just in Frame 5 there you get Peter Graves, Billy Crystal, and John deLancie!

3 Likes

Guessed the bonus correctly on Frame 6.

3 Likes

Got the Bonus on Frame 3!

My favorite KTMA episode!

3 Likes

Well, it’s in black and white. Otherwise, no.

Bonus: Nope.

4 Likes

Same!

3 Likes

That other game I mentioned if anyone’s up for it:

2 Likes

I kept drifting over to Rifftrax titles, but the corrosive barrel put me on the right track. - in 4

4 Likes

Tick tock, tick tock …

4 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, mesdames et messieurs, damen und herren … it’s that time.

RIFFED! #209

Frame 1

Frame 2

Frame 3

Frame 4

Frame 5

Frame 6

Solution

The Pumaman

A great big thank you to everyone who played along for the last (almost) seven months!
RIFFED! (a total ripoff of Framed) will be back, serving up a mess of leftovers every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at midnight EST starting on Monday, December 4.

9 Likes

Well at least I didn’t whiff on this one! Got it at 5, and I dunno where the heck those first four frames came from.

Thank you one million times for this amazing game @MichaelRobertson ! It’s been a little ray of 9pm sunshine. I look forward to the leftovers!

8 Likes

Frame 1! I got the last Riffed! On frame 1!!!

6 Likes

It was meant to be :pray:

6 Likes

@MichaelRobertson This was a lot of fun over the last seven months. Thanks so much for putting this together!

7 Likes

So this was RIFFED! number 209, and google claims there are 211 episodes of MST3K.

So which two got skipped? Or is Google miscounting, like when people count The Brute Man twice because they did a turkey day cut?

Also, when was Code Name: Diamondhead? lol

ETA Wikipedia counts 230. I find counting things very boring, so I’m not going to check, but 230 must be closer to right because now I think about it I remember them saying it was the 200th episode early in the first Netflix season.

I assume the skips were ones you couldn’t find a good print for?

ETA ETA: I should have known better than to trust Google which has gone completely garbage

ETA ETA ETA: edited to fix incorrect episode name, I know what it’s called I was just being a space cadet

5 Likes

I included some shorts, and for the first two months I mixed RiffTrax and The Mads into the daily game. I’ll run the numbers and post some details just for the fun of it in the next day or two.

There were several that studios/streamers have all but erased from the wild, some that I just couldn’t find good prints of and a few great prints in the leftovers (I held back a couple of Gamera movies since people generally get “Gamera vs. ???” from them). I don’t think I did all the biker movies, because biker movies.

So the official answer is: yes.

ETA: When I picked today as the final date, I didn’t have NEARLY enough movies to make it happen. For a while I wasn’t positive I would find enough, then I stumbled upon a couple of sources for great prints of obscure movies. That I was able to skip anything ended up being a luxury.

8 Likes

Frame 1: “I’ve got a Nikon camera / Love to take the photographs…” and no clue on the movie.
Frame 2-4: No bells ringing.
Frame 5: Wait, is this Pumaman?
Frame 6: Yes it is! Finally got one after a bunch of whiffs.

5 Likes

Bonus points for the Paul Simon riff!

4 Likes