Riffers Anonymous

The challenge thereof.

1 Like

Hold on a minute !

I thought step two was to talk to random people on the streets and say ridiculous things?

And I was told, in no uncertain terms, that step three is PROFIT !

Now, I am also sure Iā€™m forgetting a few steps, like; I thought there was a step 1.2 rev. 4; and it had something to do with butterā€¦I just misplaced the manual; I will order another, but until then can some other Misties help me fill in the blanks?

3 Likes

I cannot tell you how badly I wish I could be audience to that

4 Likes

If running to view that one isnā€™t a problem, I donā€™t know what is. :wink:

4 Likes

Itā€™s okay, I drank a bottle of hand sanitizer while watching it.

2 Likes

Come on over! Iā€™ll open more bottles!

3 Likes

Seriously. Of all the films to throw away riffing sobriety for :rofl:

6 Likes

You didnā€™t have to put me on blast like this, geez

5 Likes

Yup, thatā€™s why I likened it to drinking hand sanitizer, itā€™s pretty much rock bottom.

2 Likes

I confess that I cannot see the phrase ā€œsolar panelsā€ printed anywhere without hearing ā€œslrpnlsā€ in my head.

3 Likes

There was that time I almost got punched because we were at the dollar beer-included theater and I kept riffing monologues for Dataā€™s cat during that one Trek movie.

Nothing wrong with beer in the theater. But I donā€™t really drink much anymore and this is part of the reason why.

4 Likes

I feel like my mom has probably come close to punching me a couple times over riffing. Especially when my sisterā€™s boyfriend is over and he and I canā€™t stop making jokes during the movie :joy:

3 Likes

LOL, you have to know your audience. The typical Trek crowd in a theater is likely not going to be very amenable to riffing. Of course, the beer probably had something to do with not being able to gauge the audience. That may be why our local bistro theater is so darn slow serving the beer.

2 Likes

:grin: The thing about dollar theaters: youā€™d hope that a true Trekkie wouldā€™ve already seen the film long before it got there and theyā€™d be a little more relaxed about a few innocent cat jokes. :person_shrugging: Well, live and learn. (And pass the ginger beer, please.)

3 Likes

I realized while watching the bicycle shorts with my wife the other day that I even riff movies when other people are riffing movies.

3 Likes

Absoluetly. I can attest that riffing along to an MST3K episode with your buddies can be nearly euphoric. Just donā€™t try to chase that dragon by yourself, as there is nothing more sad than riffing alone.

4 Likes

You know you have a problem when you and your friends are doing your own riffs on an MST episode and then a second later the host or the bots make the exact jokes you just said :laughing:

4 Likes