Riffing Tik-Tok ... Beavis & Butthead, 2022

This is some good stuff. I’m glad to see Beavis & Butthead back in form, and with some new target-rich material in social media.

4 Likes

I’ve got the entire King Turd Collection from the 90s with music videos included and yeah this is great! :laughing:

1 Like

Is this on Blu-Ray or anything?

1 Like

Not that I’m aware of but hopefully it will be in the near future…

1 Like

Coming next week to Paramount+ in the States. Animated by Titmouse, the folks who animated Venture Bros, Star Trek Lower Decks, and the Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe film. I’d imagine a Blu-ray release would be coming, too.

Apparently every episode of Beavis and Butt-Head (with the videos included) is also coming to P+ soon, too. That’s exciting.

3 Likes

Now that would be cool! Uhh… Huh-huh :laughing:

1 Like

Is MTV even still a going concern anymore? Music videos aren’t really a thing anymore, and even if someone makes one then it’s on YouTube or some other thing for free so having a dedicated channel for it is kind of pointless. Has MTV devolved, vainly grasping for relevance, into a reality show schlock-fest at this point?

1 Like

MTV has long since been a channel without a clear identity for awhile. I don’t think it was wrong for them to move on from music videos given the ubiquity of them on demand everywhere now, but they never really found anything that fit for them outside of Jersey Shore and Teen Mom and the like. Their VMAs only had 900,000 viewers last year, the worst ever. So their cultural relevancy is in the past. Which isn’t to say it can’t come back given the right thing, but that’s hard to create when kids aren’t watching you any more.

1 Like

So the first 2 (actually 4) new episodes came out today (August 4) and they were…
Pretty cool UH HUH HUH, UH HUH HUH :laughing:

1 Like

Every themed TV network, over the course of the last couple decades, have settled into, “We found a way to be profitable but it’s not what we originally set out to do!” mode. Syfy isn’t all about Syfy, Cartoon Network has live shows (Or had. I think those all flopped.), Food Network has become “Baking competition reality show” Network (Which is at least mostly on-theme). Animal Planet became “Animal Rescue Reality Show” Network, and so on and so on.

1 Like

Remember The Learning Channel?

Ah, the salad days.

3 Likes