Rifftrax free month didn't work

I am not sure if anyone else had this issue but I was redeeming my rifftrax codes and 3 of them had no issue but when I tried to redeem the free month code it did not provide a free month of the friend’s service and when I tried again it said it was already redeemed. I then logged into the roku app and I had the library content from the other codes but it wants me to subscribe again to see the rest of the content.

I submitted a help request with the code but I was curious if anyone else had the same issue I was.

3 Likes

There was something on the redeem page that if you are a current subscriber through the Roku app, you need to unsubscribe from the Roku version and then resub with your code. After the free month, you can go back to the Roku version if you want.

I tried to get back to the page to get the exact wording, but it won’t let me. You can also try sending an email to the RiffTrax gang here: help@rifftrax.com

2 Likes

I’ve never had an account before, my code didn’t work, so I signed up for the “free trial” with my CC info, and it worked. So I just cancelled it immediately following.

2 Likes

Even though it said it took the code, I went looked at my details and it’s only given me a free week.

Screw it, I’m tired of fighting with things that don’t work properly. I’ll take the week and be done with it.

2 Likes

Good thing I didn’t use the code. Hopefully it’ll be fixed eventually, maybe try it in two weeks so I get a full free month.

2 Likes

And just to clarify - I recently went round and round with Amazon’s customer service over a code they didn’t honor, so, you know, just generally frustrated with this type of thing.

Looking over the freebies, I already own, or saw them already (at Tubi, etc) and there were about only 3 features I’ve not watched, that are offered through the Friends subscription… so I don’t really need a month to get through those (and I enjoyed my sneak peek at the new short. That was funny one).

1 Like

Welp, looking at this again, I must have messed something up. I didn’t realise you had to enter CC info when redeeming the code, and I don’t think I can go back and do that now and have to code work. Ahh, well, I backed the KS for season 13, and I did get the short and the movie to download. (Will need to figure out how to get the Just For Laughs to work as I don’t own The Wizard of Oz.)

EDIT: Yep, as I thought, added CC info entered the code again and got:
No valid subscription coupon found with the code XXXXXXXXXXXXX , or it may have already been redeemed. Please try again.

Oh well, my own darn fault.

4 Likes

Mine didn’t work either. Got the standard trial thing, but the free month didn’t work. Also redeemed the code before putting in my billing info. Ah well. It’s not like I backed the project for a month of Rifftrax Friends. That was just a nice little extra.

2 Likes

I was a previous, not current, Friends subscriber, and mine worked perfectly.

1 Like

Mine also didn’t work. I sent an email about it, I’m sure it will getting fixed before long.

2 Likes

I’m sure more than the few of us here flubbed this. I had the fun of thinking I had copied a different code and redeemed it, figured I’d do the Friends sign up after getting the account and freebies and then… augh.
I’m kinda bummed to miss a free month, even if monthly rate isn’t terrible, as I have seen very little RT (save thru Pluto, other streaming, but maybe only 6 movies) and was looking to get a few more under my belt. But it’s on me for the oops.

4 Likes

I’ll reach out to Erik at Rifftrax. (Possibly @torgospizza?). If he is aware of special instructions I’ll make sure they are posted here and share with admins for wider distribution.

2 Likes

I was able to get it working. They replied to my help ticket and said after you redeem the free month you subscribe to the monthly or yearly service. Then:

“Your first invoice after the automatic 1 week trial will be discounted $5.99, making that first month free in the case of a monthly subscription, or the first year $59 in the case of an annual subscription.”

5 Likes

I got something similar:

Good news: you did successfully claim your free month of RiffTrax Friends.

Your next step would be to visit RiffTrax Friends (Through Eternity) and sign up for either a monthly or annual subscription. You won’t need to re-enter your discount code again, even if prompted.

Your first invoice after the automatic 1 week trial will be discounted $5.99, making that first month free in the case of a monthly subscription, or the first year $59 in the case of an annual subscription.

4 Likes

See, our brains must be too highly trained for thinking so that’s why we uh… didn’t realize… umm… all we had to do was… ah… go ahead with all we had to do. Just in reverse.

3 Likes

Sadly, that person is not me. Looks like they snagged the name before I could! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hello folks! Erik from RiffTrax here. (In case it wasn’t obvious by my name.)

Apologies for any trouble with these codes; we had tested them front-to-back but apparently didn’t think through all the possible things that could go wrong. For that I apologize.

The good news is, the discounts do seem to work as expected. The bad news is that our instructions were not very clear.

As some of you saw in our replies to previous ticket submitters through our Contact form, essentially what happened if you entered the code at the “Redeem” page is that the discount is applied to your Account. That means, when you start a subscription (or resume an existing one) your next billing cycle will in fact be discounted by that amount for that duration. In this case, it’s $5.99 for one month.

We’re working on a wider email to go out next week for anyone who applied the code but got confused and hasn’t subscribed yet, so look for that soon. But if anyone here would like personalized help, feel free to open a help ticket at help@rifftrax.com. Please be sure to include the email address you used for your account so we can easily find you.

I’ll also do some replying here in this thread, as necessary, and will also gladly accept PMs on this subject since it’s a lot of this is my fault that it’s not working as smoothly as I’d hoped! :sweat_smile:

24 Likes

This is what you get for underestimating our inability to follow instructions ( had to re-read that a few times to be sure it works the way I think it does)

I went ahead and, as others have said, went through the remainder of the reg process and yeah, things went pretty well there. So I think I am good to go and others are following suit. Either way, thanks to all at RT (free month or no) for offering that time and the freebies up. The Wife and I have our Sat night sorted (Svengoolie’s a bit more of a stinker than usual) thanks to you. RT, popcorn to pop, movie candy to break seals on, laughs to enjoy.

Cheers, Erik.

/D

5 Likes

Ah, that’s where I got held up, I didn’t expect to need to subscribe to activate the free month.

4 Likes

Thank you Erik. You were a great help. :slight_smile:

4 Likes