Rifftrax free month didn't work

I’ll reach out to Erik at Rifftrax. (Possibly @torgospizza?). If he is aware of special instructions I’ll make sure they are posted here and share with admins for wider distribution.

2 Likes

I was able to get it working. They replied to my help ticket and said after you redeem the free month you subscribe to the monthly or yearly service. Then:

“Your first invoice after the automatic 1 week trial will be discounted $5.99, making that first month free in the case of a monthly subscription, or the first year $59 in the case of an annual subscription.”

5 Likes

I got something similar:

Good news: you did successfully claim your free month of RiffTrax Friends.

Your next step would be to visit RiffTrax Friends (Through Eternity) and sign up for either a monthly or annual subscription. You won’t need to re-enter your discount code again, even if prompted.

Your first invoice after the automatic 1 week trial will be discounted $5.99, making that first month free in the case of a monthly subscription, or the first year $59 in the case of an annual subscription.

4 Likes

See, our brains must be too highly trained for thinking so that’s why we uh… didn’t realize… umm… all we had to do was… ah… go ahead with all we had to do. Just in reverse.

3 Likes

Sadly, that person is not me. Looks like they snagged the name before I could! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hello folks! Erik from RiffTrax here. (In case it wasn’t obvious by my name.)

Apologies for any trouble with these codes; we had tested them front-to-back but apparently didn’t think through all the possible things that could go wrong. For that I apologize.

The good news is, the discounts do seem to work as expected. The bad news is that our instructions were not very clear.

As some of you saw in our replies to previous ticket submitters through our Contact form, essentially what happened if you entered the code at the “Redeem” page is that the discount is applied to your Account. That means, when you start a subscription (or resume an existing one) your next billing cycle will in fact be discounted by that amount for that duration. In this case, it’s $5.99 for one month.

We’re working on a wider email to go out next week for anyone who applied the code but got confused and hasn’t subscribed yet, so look for that soon. But if anyone here would like personalized help, feel free to open a help ticket at help@rifftrax.com. Please be sure to include the email address you used for your account so we can easily find you.

I’ll also do some replying here in this thread, as necessary, and will also gladly accept PMs on this subject since it’s a lot of this is my fault that it’s not working as smoothly as I’d hoped! :sweat_smile:

24 Likes

This is what you get for underestimating our inability to follow instructions ( had to re-read that a few times to be sure it works the way I think it does)

I went ahead and, as others have said, went through the remainder of the reg process and yeah, things went pretty well there. So I think I am good to go and others are following suit. Either way, thanks to all at RT (free month or no) for offering that time and the freebies up. The Wife and I have our Sat night sorted (Svengoolie’s a bit more of a stinker than usual) thanks to you. RT, popcorn to pop, movie candy to break seals on, laughs to enjoy.

Cheers, Erik.

/D

5 Likes

Ah, that’s where I got held up, I didn’t expect to need to subscribe to activate the free month.

4 Likes

Thank you Erik. You were a great help. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My issue is not being able to find a space to enter my code in the first place. Is it subscribe first, then there’s a place to type in the code?

1 Like

At RiffTrax Friends (Through Eternity), look for this:

That should let you sign up and get the first month free with your code.

2 Likes

You can enter the code when you subscribe, as there will be a field underneath the Credit Card form (perhaps I need to surround it with a box so it stands out more…). And if you already did subscribe, you can visit https://www.rifftrax.com/subscription to apply the coupon retroactively to your active subscription. Just click the “View Invoices” link and the form will be at the top. I’m working on a better way to handle this as well, perhaps moving the coupon code to that main subscription page.

2 Likes

As they say in the old WB cartoons, I doo’d it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Much like MST, old cartoons were referencing the pop culture at that time. “I dood it” was the catchphrase of Junior, the “Mean Widdle Kid” on Red Skelton’s radio program. There was other a movie with that title. It was a very popular phrase during WWII and in a number of cartoons

4 Likes

Exactly. The borrowed catchphrases in the cartoons are fun!

1 Like

I found out, when I signed up for Friends, it gave me the trial week, but when I checked payment methods for Friends it was set to apply the free month after the trial ended. You might want to look there? (After posting, I saw that at least a couple of other people in this thread said basically the same thing.)

2 Likes

Thanks, but looks like I was done after a week, and never was extended to a full month.

No matter, as I said, there was only 4 releases I’d not seen through Friends, and I watched those, so I’m good.

Just to clarify, the coupon code would not continue your subscription beyond the 7-day trial if you had canceled. Only if you continue the subscription and apply the code at some point (either at sign-up or afterward) would you get a full free month as your first “paid” month.

But it sounds like you’re already pretty caught up, so kudos!

3 Likes

I have nothing to add, just wanted to say: welcome aboard, @RiffTraxErik!

4 Likes

I’m having trouble redeeming all my Rifftrax codes, for some reason. Anything I could be doing wrong?

1 Like