Rifftrax free month didn't work

My issue is not being able to find a space to enter my code in the first place. Is it subscribe first, then there’s a place to type in the code?

1 Like

At RiffTrax Friends (Through Eternity), look for this:

That should let you sign up and get the first month free with your code.

2 Likes

You can enter the code when you subscribe, as there will be a field underneath the Credit Card form (perhaps I need to surround it with a box so it stands out more…). And if you already did subscribe, you can visit https://www.rifftrax.com/subscription to apply the coupon retroactively to your active subscription. Just click the “View Invoices” link and the form will be at the top. I’m working on a better way to handle this as well, perhaps moving the coupon code to that main subscription page.

2 Likes

As they say in the old WB cartoons, I doo’d it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Much like MST, old cartoons were referencing the pop culture at that time. “I dood it” was the catchphrase of Junior, the “Mean Widdle Kid” on Red Skelton’s radio program. There was other a movie with that title. It was a very popular phrase during WWII and in a number of cartoons

4 Likes

Exactly. The borrowed catchphrases in the cartoons are fun!

1 Like

I found out, when I signed up for Friends, it gave me the trial week, but when I checked payment methods for Friends it was set to apply the free month after the trial ended. You might want to look there? (After posting, I saw that at least a couple of other people in this thread said basically the same thing.)

2 Likes

Thanks, but looks like I was done after a week, and never was extended to a full month.

No matter, as I said, there was only 4 releases I’d not seen through Friends, and I watched those, so I’m good.

Just to clarify, the coupon code would not continue your subscription beyond the 7-day trial if you had canceled. Only if you continue the subscription and apply the code at some point (either at sign-up or afterward) would you get a full free month as your first “paid” month.

But it sounds like you’re already pretty caught up, so kudos!

3 Likes

I have nothing to add, just wanted to say: welcome aboard, @RiffTraxErik!

4 Likes

I’m having trouble redeeming all my Rifftrax codes, for some reason. Anything I could be doing wrong?

1 Like

What kind of trouble are you having? If you are getting error messages, can you post them here for @RiffTraxErik to see.

2 Likes

I added my “Just The Jokes” code to Wonder Woman 1984, and this is the error message I got.

Happened with the other codes I tried, too.

1 Like

@RiffTraxErik ^^^^

@GamerasMom, try using the code at https://www.rifftrax.com/redeem - that’s where the error message was trying to link you, but it showed you the html instead of making a working link.

2 Likes

So you can’t pick and choose which movies and such you can use the codes for. They are preselected and only good for the following:

Just the Jokes: Wizard of Oz
Movie: Gamera the Invisible
Short: Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for helping me out!

2 Likes