Rifftrax: Gumby

I wasn’t expecting much with the Gumby movie, but…

This movie is insane.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Society

[image censored]

3 Likes

My Gumby jam is more the original '50s shorts I grew up with, so I won’t be checking this out.

1 Like

Nothing about this movie makes sense to me and it honestly feels like the scenes are coming at me from every direction

1 Like

It was all worth it for the Gumby/Inception mashup trailer.

3 Likes

This was the most glorious thing I’ve seen

2 Likes

:smiley:

It’s a bit of brilliant, definitely!

The movie (Gumby: The Movie, that is, not Inception) is reliably bonkers. Perfect RiffTrax fodder.

And I don’t mind saying, I’d love to see a Gumby short incorporated into the 12 shorts for the upcoming season of MST3K!

3 Likes

This film is almost like Aqua Teen Hunger Force without any charm

1 Like

…to be fair, I’m not well versed on gumby lore. But his world is clearly made from purified ADHD

1 Like

You’re not far off! Gumby lore is… for lack of a better word, weird.

Yeah… that’s the word for it! Weird

3 Likes

Robot Rumpus is absolutely one of my top shorts from the entire series. I’d love for another short to get the riffing treatment.

2 Likes

Likewise here! What they did with Robot Rumpus was something amazing, and it elevated an already great episode in The Screaming Skull.

If they want to take another crack at a Gumby short? It would be AMAZING!

2 Likes

The Gumby Movie is near the top of my list of favorite RiffTrax releases from the last couple of years. It’s wall-to-wall WTF from start to finish.

2 Likes

There was a guy claiming the RiffTrax version of Gumby only didn’t make sense because the running time was whittled down from the theatrical release.

Speaking as one of the unlucky people who paid money to watch the theatrical cut back in 1995, the full version is even -more- baffling.

The clay surgery scene is a lot longer. There are more Blockhead bits that go nowhere. The :notes: Take Me Away :notes:video is a lot longer.

It’s all very odd and pointless.

Still, made for a great riff.

2 Likes

The odd thing about Gumby is his lack of personality is a feature, not a bug.

One can describe Bugs Bunny’s character. One can recount Popeye’s motives. One could even discern the thoughts of the Pink Panther!

Gumby……is a boy made of clay. He just sort of exists in a random world without any natural laws where nothing is of great importance. It’s a kid friendly version of Dadaism.

4 Likes

Oddly enlightening! The universe is a random series of events - make some money through a loan business

1 Like