Rifftrax has a new DVD box set available

It includes Attack of the Super Monsters , Suburban Sasquatch , and Yor - The Hunter from the Future and a new shorts DVD.

6 Likes

I saw that! $60 seems a little pricey but I guess it comes with a pretty cool lunch pail.

4 Likes

Pretty solid set but Attack of the Super Monsters is a top 10 riff. The show is just so crazy.

6 Likes

Yes, that’s the one which really sells it. Curious to see a new physical RiffTrax product at this point, but I guess folks still collect those. Would have been nice if all the titles chosen were don’t-miss ones like Attack of the Super Monsters.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan but of Yor as well—I go back to that one pretty regularly when nothing else really jumps out and says “watch me.”

Suburban Sasquatch, though …

3 Likes

Great roundup of titles, and that lunch box is pretty damn sweet.

2 Likes

Not seen that one, I’ll put it on the wishlist for the next sale. Thanks!

2 Likes

Ha, I already have it! Looks like one of those I neglected to download when I shifted my collection to a new drive. I don’t recall seeing it, so I may have bought it during the transitional window. Looking forward to watching it!

Oh, and the guy on the left really looks like Tom Baker to me.

3 Likes

I think you’ll dig it. The movie is a mess but a fun watch on its own, the riffing is excellent, it’s got Dirk Hardpec in it … what’s not to like?

3 Likes

Reb Brown is Cave Futurepast!

4 Likes

There’s something amusing about being able to spot Cam Clarke’s voice multiple times in Attack. Also, the villain seems to be from the Power Rangers School of Growl Shouting.

2 Likes

If you think of it as $15 a disc and they throw in the lunchbox for free, it’s a great value!

4 Likes

If you think of it as a gold brick wrapped in platinum, it’s amazing!

3 Likes

Most of the shorts are all really good, though there doesn’t seem to be any theme.
The problem with sets, at least for me, is I already own more than have of the riffs.

1 Like

Wow, so Yor, eh? Should be titled Yor the Hook-up Artist from the Future. The whole plot arc is:

• Yor arrives at a civilisation
  • Said civilisation perishes
  • Surviving female offers herself to Yor as a mate
  • Move on and repeat

It is a funny film, though, thanks again!

3 Likes

“So what didn’t get destroyed? Your boat? Sure, I’ll take that too.”