RiffTrax Live: Reefer Madness

If you, like me, just happen to be watching this today, cheers. :green_heart:

12 Likes

I got a co-worker hooked on this movie after I told him that the Department’s mandatory work-free drug place training was about as based in fact as Reefer Madness, so he had to see for himself.
But of course now I’m disappointed at the annual footage from “Hippie Hill” not showing vast clouds of multicolored smoke. Maybe they should reach out to the folks who organize Holi every year?

6 Likes

I was going to suggest MST3K No. 420, but yeah this works too.

Watch “Drugs Are Like That” as a nightcap.

4 Likes

Heck yeah, it’s my birthday!!!

3 Likes

If you got Prime, it’s $3 to rent in HD.

Such a deal!

I will end my day watching this.

reefer madness smoking GIF

3 Likes

Also, that Sonny Bono anti-drug short, which The Mads riffed. It’s on their YouTube.

4 Likes

That dude’s speaking voice could make fruit go bad spontaneously. o_0

5 Likes

Also, thank you all for inspiring me to purchase the Rifftrax Live version of Reefer Madness.

4 Likes

I saw the colorized version of this as a RiffTrax VOD. Also, as one of their live shows. The VOD has a few extra video Easter eggs that aren’t in the original (black-and-white) film.

4 Likes

Heh, when I spotted a DVD copy of this movie at Suncoast and found that it had a Mike Nelson commentary track, you’d best believe that I snapped it up with the quickness.

7 Likes

Ah yes the anti-drug film that encouraged generations to inhale. I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever seen this movie sober. :grin:

5 Likes

Outside of their MP3 commentaries, this was the first physical copy of Rifftrax I purchased. It was worth every penny. The shorts before the main feature are fantastic. I recommend this to anyone looking to get into Rifftrax.

5 Likes

Seriously, kids, we have a lot of fun here at Mystery Science Discourse 3000, but nobody try this.

7 Likes

Yes, not recommending this.

4 Likes

I don’t know much about funny oregano myself, but neither does the movie. :drum:

Just wanted to chime in and say this might be my single favorite RiffTrax live show to date. It’s just astoundingly funny, down to the insane-and-entertaining shorts that start the evening off to the movie itself.
It’s a golden lineup, and despite the handful of timing mis-cues, the riffs are top-notch throughout! A fantastic show.

5 Likes