Supersonic Man
The Last Shark
Sherlock Holmes and the Deadly Necklace
Sherlock Holmes: Dressed to Kill
The Crater Lake Monster
Rifftrax Live: Star Raiders
Pressure Point
Mothra
(Only available as an MP3, unfortunately)

And these might change.

5 Likes

Any idea if Night Of The Lepus is rated well by fans?

I’ve mentioned in several threads that I have a soft spot for the movie as it saw it numerous times on The CBS Late Movie as a tyke in the '70s. I’ve kind of steered clear as I would so love to see it as an experiment. I really want to see it riffed with 'Bots.

(they fulfilled one of my other '70s/childhood wishes when they did The Land That Time Forgot, so…)

2 Likes

I was not real impressed with their work on Lepus… but I don’t know how it’s rated in general, I could be in the minority with that opinion.

3 Likes

I really liked Night of the Lepus, but it was also the first Rifftrax I ever watched.

4 Likes

I don’t recall it making a strong impression either way, but it’s been a while since I watched it. Probably could do with a rewatch. I’m sure if MST3K picks it up they’ll do it proper justice.

Kingdom Of The Spiders isn’t bad if you like “nature amok” movies. And it has The Shats in it.

2 Likes

Roughly in order of most favorite to slightly less than most favorite:

Live: Jack the Giant Killer
Birdemic
House on Haunted Hill
Bloody Pit of Horror
The Last Shark
Giant from the Unknown
Manos The Hands of Fate
Ninja Warlord
Robo Vampire
Terror at the Wax Museum
Night of the Lepus
The Bermuda Triangle
Mesa of Lost Women
Rats Night of Terror
Voodoo Man
Ghosthouse
Planet of the Dinosaurs
Supersonic Man
Attack of the Super Monsters

For Matthew and Ian:

Snowbeast
Attack from Space
Flight to Mars
Purple Death from Outer Space
Planet Outlaws
Horror Express
The veil part one

3 Likes

Oh my gosh was this funny! Thanks again for the recommendation. Just watched it for the first time and it’s already one of the best episodes. It has a lot of the energy and solid riffing that I normally associate with the earliest Rifftrax titles. And the source material is so incomprehensible that for the first fifteen minutes I thought I was having a transient neurological event.

6 Likes

This might just be the perfect description for Attack of the Super Monsters. It really is in a class of its own – I desperately hope the guys can find another one like it. So happy to have introduced someone new to its glorious madness!

5 Likes

When “372 Pages We’ll Never Get Back” covered The Forensic Certified Public Accountant and the Cremated 64-SQUARES Financial Statements, trying to parse the sentences for meaning was like contemplating Zen koans. “What is the sound of one hand clapping?” I swear it felt like I was leaving my body.

2 Likes

Just rewatched it and it’s not bad. It’s good middle-period Rifftrax, when there was still a decent number of surprise zingers in the riffs. One glaring riff omission in the film, however - the ultimate rabbit attack is descending upon a town named Gallanos, and there is not one Lastretta mention in there.

3 Likes

My main missed riff opportunity that I saw in Rifftrax was in Octaman. The main character was played by the same actor (Kerwin Mathews) who was the lead in Jack the Giant Killer. Not one single reference to it and I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed.

3 Likes

May have to adjust my top ten, as I just rewatched The City Of The Dead and it’s a delicious slice of Hammer-esque darkness.

7 Likes

The ones I love offhand:

The Wizard of Oz- I was worried about this, since I love the classic so much, but it was great, IMO.

Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny- a glorious pinnacle of madness whether the live version, studio version, or both!

Fun in Balloonland- technically a short, but a long one and my absolute favorite Rifftrax thing ever.

Speaking of which, any/all of the short compilations are fun and would be my top choice for showing to people new to Rifftrax.

Jack the Giant Killer- I think it’s only the live version, but I could be wrong. It’s fun, whimsical, and hilarious.

Attack of the Super Monsters- I’ve clamored for awhile about how much I’d love folks to riff animated features and this is the first one I’ve seen done by MST folk. Plus, rubber suit kaiju!

Plan 9 From Outer Space- an absolute classic and one of their earliest, so perhaps best for a MST fan to dip their toe into Rifftrax… also, any Rifftrax version of an MSTied movie could be fun for comparison/contrast-- Manos, Santa Claus, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, etc.

Birdemic Live- less problematic than the studio one, if I recall, but still gets a bit weird with the fat-shaming of the mom… still has some great gags and terrible, terrible effects

Ghosthouse- a great one with some killer jokes

The Star Wars Holiday Special- I love the inclusion of the commercials and it’s so lampoonable!

4 Likes

Taking advantage of the holiday sale to pick this one up based solely on this recommendation. :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Hope you enjoy! I just rewatched She-Demons this morning, it’s a Mary Jo & Bridget riff and also recommended.

2 Likes

I love She-Demons. I mean, it’s got Not Merritt Stone AND the phrase “powder blue cashmere shorty” in it. What’s not to like?

3 Likes

Oh man. All the live shows are great, so I won’t list any of those.

I like a ton of their catalog, but I think my favorites are, in no particular order:

ROTOR
Death Promise
The Curse of Bigfoot
Galaxy Invader
Alien Outlaw
Arachnia
Pressure Point
Battle for the Lost Planet
Light Blast
Firehead
Sherlock Holmes: Terror By Night
Jack Frost
Ghost House
Hangar 18
Cyber Tracker

Honorable mentions to:
The Last Slumber Party
Cool as Ice
Prisoners of the Lost Universe
Angels’ Revenge
Superargo and the Faceless Giants

1 Like

What a great list. I’ve seen almost every one on this list and they’re great, particularly Ghost House, Alien Outlaw and Superargo. Galaxy Invader is a national treasure.

I inexplicably keep returning to The Last Slumber Party. It feels cut from the same cloth as Roller Gator, but without the horrible guitar track. Not sure if it was the look they were going for, but the poor heroine looks like she’s been strung out and sleepless for a week.

3 Likes

Finally got around to watching this last night. Was somewhere between surprised and shocked by how pristine the print was. I would absolutely watch this one unriffed. Aside from several actors trying (with varying levels of success) to decide on and stick with an accent I couldn’t find much else to mock.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it! I recently bought a Blu-ray of the film itself, it really does stand well on its own.

1 Like