RiffTrax

George Kuwa, a Japanese actor, was the first to portray Charlie Chan in the serial The House Without a Key, andKamiyama Sojin played him a year later in The Chinese Parrot, but Chan was a fairly minor character in both.

1 Like

Like many films from the Silent Era, that serial sadly hasn’t survived.

This one was released a couple of weeks ago but I’m not seeing it here. What’s super weird is I can’t seem to find any mention of it online other than by RiffTrax.

3 Likes

They made it themselves to make sure no one else could jump on a short before they did. It was the only way. :wink:

1 Like

Hilarious riff. This featured “Golden Corral’s New Slogan”, and when the wheel is spinning it turns into a white dot! Get it?!?!

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder—added to the list.

3 Likes

cute riff - and they took a shot at the Astros, which was funny, because I just posted about hating that team at the baseball thread.

I was trying to find the release date, looked up Fred A Niles, and found it (1962), and I spotted another from his company, titled, “The New Pork”… which sounds riffable, just for the name (is that some kind of “Long Live the New Flesh” thing?)

2 Likes

They’ve added a new free riff to YouTube.

3 Likes

They’re also doing a RiffTrax The Game event tonight on Twitch. Sucks that it’s at the same time as The Mads.

Praise!

theme park GIF

A new one from B&MJ? Yes please!

ManWithoutaBody_Poster_0

Go ahead … click the image for more info. What are you, chicken? You know you want to. All the cool kids are doing it.

5 Likes

I’ve seen this unriffed, a good pick movie wise

3 Likes

I love the hell out of the comic book inspired cover art Rifftrax has produced lately. And this movie looks very promising.

6 Likes

You’ve heard of Jan In The Pan, but are your ready for…

Jay On A Tray ?!?!

:scream_cat:

6 Likes

B&W B&MJ is the sweet spot for me right now. The '80s made-for-TV cheese is good, but it ain’t this stuff.

5 Likes
3 Likes

(Reads plot synopsis)

(Burns right through my entire supply of “WHAT?”)

:thinking:

3 Likes

Today, I bought The Color of Health, The Tale of Baby Moose and In Pursuit.
I’ve enjoyed the two shorts, and am now settling in for 80 minutes of doughy legalistic studliness from some Baldwin or other.

3 Likes

The dynamic duo again hit it out of the park with this one. The ladies have really been on a hot streak with this new one, Inspector Mom, MHC’s I’ll Be Seeing You, among others in the film department. Short wise This Is Roller Skating, In Winter, and It All Depends on You are top notch as well.
Keep it up ladies!

2 Likes

“Directed by Billy Wilder’s brother”

Oh, WOW.

They should have sent a poet.

3 Likes