RiffTrax

4 Likes

Bridget riffing her husband’s first experiment.

6c6758fc-f8ac-4c0e-81f2-cc10506f4ba5_text

4 Likes

I just found out Peter Murphy was in a Twilight movie for about a handful of seconds. That really…cuts me up.

TEAM GOTH ROCK DAD.

I thought they were great! (with the riffing obviously) The only question is do you watch them in Rifftrax release order, or chronologically like I did. The movies make a little more sense in order, but you miss out on riffs building on each other if you go out of Rifftrax order.

1 Like

That’s also an issue with the Farm Family shorts. I like to watch them in seasonal order, but that is out of riffing order. Vexatious to the orderly mind. :blush:

3 Likes

RiffTrax has a new shirt in their Threadless shop, if you still have some dollars in your T-shirt budget after last week’s Jackbox event.

1 Like

If you haven’t seen their You’re The Judge short, go now. Bring along some high-quality glue. You’ll need it for your broken brain afterwards.

For those not in the know already, just imagine A Young Man’s Fancy, still with all of the weird, completely unsubtle, and outmoded sexism. But this time with a plot twist that makes no logical sense in any way. At least Fancy adheres to its own goofed up internal logic. The Judge does not.

Good riffing, though. Also, since it was originally made by Crisco™, it made me want fried food. Which I really shouldn’t have, since I apparently have innards made of tissue paper now. [grumble] You go get some on my behalf.

“We could preheat the oven…”

“SHUT UP AND BE A MAN!!” :joy:

5 Likes

Haha, this one is a trip indeed. A couple of high school yabbos would rather go bowling than take their attractive girlfriends on a date and/or eat a lovingly home-cooked meal. And yet, somehow, the short’s not called Well the Hell With Them, Then.

3 Likes

I watch Santa’s Summer House at least once a year, and not even at gunpoint.

3 Likes

We’re supposed to believe that they’re the only two presentable looking dudes in the entire school. Or that they have the best personalities to be found there.

To steal from Zombie Nightmare: “No town is that small.”

3 Likes

From the studio that made Highlander II.

d5f

1 Like

Hot tip: if you haven’t checked out Loren Alan Davis’ channel on YouTube, it’s worth a visit. He has a great assortment of “Best Of” Rifftrax videos. (Which he’s posted with permission from our heroes.) Recently, he’s been compiling samples of various shorts organized by year of release. Since the shorts are my favorite thing about RT, of course this has me in Heaven.

He also loves to make samples of classic film tracks. Those might be worth your time, too. (Oh, and there’s even a few MST3K things, too.)

4 Likes