RiffTrax

In a comment on Kickstarter they said it would likely be early November.

3 Likes

2nd opinion timeā€”whoā€™s got a good ear? I canā€™t find any written confirmation of who was in these shorts, but Iā€™m convinced that the voice of the jack-oā€™-lantern in Halloween Safety 2 was done the guy who played Ned Blanford in Improving Your Pronunciation. Yes/no/maybe?

1 Like

Itā€™s banned in the UK; the BBFC refused to give it a certificate in the aftermath of the James Bulger murder.

2 Likes
3 Likes

No Kevin? Interesting. I hope all is well.

2 Likes

Hackā€™oā€™Lantern is one odd, ill-judged, weird mess. Of course Iā€™ll be buying it!

1 Like

A while back Bill was out for Covid and we got Mike, Kevin, and Bridget instead. It would have been cool if she or Mary Jo had filled in.

3 Likes

Word from a Rifftrax staffer is that Kevin is OK and just couldnā€™t make this one. Should be back for the next one.

Sounds like a scheduling conflict.

7 Likes
16 Likes

Just watched this Australian educational short about how to survive the dangers of the wilderness, or as they call it, ā€œthe bush.ā€

Iā€™m here to tell you, if youā€™ve ever referred to your fun stuff as such in conversation, you can have a pretty good time riffing this one by yourself. Just turn to your crotch and react to the various assertions about ā€œthe bushā€ with ā€œYa hear that?ā€ and ā€œWell, you are a handfulā€ and ā€œWhat have you been doing?!?!ā€ for I-crack-me-up-laughs galore. :dancer:t2:

7 Likes

Thereā€™s a bluntness to that short that you donā€™t get in many American shorts. ā€œSee these idiots? They wonā€™t last the night because they were stupid. Donā€™t be them.ā€

7 Likes

Bought a ton since the last time I was around, including the surrealness that is killer klown Tiny Tim in Blood Harvest, Rutger Hauerā€™s Split Second, Revenge of Doctor X, NeutrĆ³n, the ā€œJust the Jokesā€ of the entire Twilight saga and a few Bridget/MJP shorts.

I did have a chance to watch Copper Mountain and, whoaā€¦what WAS with all the ā€œLodiā€, and all of the other musical performances for that matter? Why did they give multiple performances to the guy who eventually replaced Peter Cetera in Chicago? Whose idea was it to cast Alan Thicke and Jim Carrey as ā€œBEST BUDSā€? The world may never knowā€¦but thereā€™s one thing I know, Iā€™ll never watch this one unriffed! :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

Has anyone noticed that the latest update to the Roku app seems to have taken away the option to start a video over from the beginning?

1 Like

Heads up, Traxxers: itā€™s Return of Swamp Thing day.

ETA: Or maybe it was yesterday, but the email went out today. 6/half dozen.

6 Likes

Australians pride themselves on their forthright speech; it even extends to their politics: Unparliamentary language: Australian edition ā€“ Strong Language

4 Likes

Just picked it up, I think MST has spoiled me, itā€™s just not a good Friday without a new riff to enjoy.

The short ā€œDannyā€™s Dental Dateā€ was funny, and full of puppet nightmare fuel.

4 Likes
5 Likes

If you want to get themely with that sweet, sweet discount, I recommend the election shorts they did for 2020! (Fear not. They are only very minimally ā€œpolitical.ā€)

Am I Trustworthy? | RiffTrax

U.S. Elections: How We Vote | RiffTrax

Voting at 18 | RiffTrax

Victory Squad | RiffTrax

Tuesday in November | RiffTrax

5 Likes

Donā€™t forget Patriotism. How else can you learn to care for others, to respect others weā€™ll learn how to care for, to respect our country?

5 Likes

Iā€™m so tempted, but the Black Friday sale is coming up soon and Iā€™m holding out for that.

3 Likes