RiffTrax

In honor of hitting 100,000 subs, Rifftrax is posting the Whizzo Christmas special on YouTube in about an hour.

So now we’ve got that to worry about. What did we do to deserve this?

9 Likes

Cyber Monday sale… on a Sunday!

Double Dragon was weak, I gave up on it after a half hour.

The second chapter of Captain Marvel, however, was very funny. So, I’m 1 for 2 so far. I still have…

Rats and Robot Monster to get to.

The free cyber pack hasn’t shown up in my library yet, the $3 coupon, I’ll just use on the next Bridget and Mary Jo release.

Edit - D’oh, forgot to buy Fu Manchu

1 Like

Oh, and the poster for the second Cap Marvel chapter was based on ASM #129

6 Likes

On their Black Friday sale I got both Capt. Marvelses, The Blood of Fu Manchu, The Retrievers, The Return of Swamp Thing Live!, and the Bridget & Mary Jo version of The Brain That Wouldn’t Die, as well as a couple of B & MJ shorts, Why Study Science and This Is Roller Skating. That last one is the only one I have watched so far. I found it to be very wholesome.

6 Likes

So a while back, I recommended the riff of Sherlock Holmes and the Deadly Necklace but alas, it was gone. I contacted the Rifftrax people and they told me that they were trying to get the rights back but they didn’t know how long it would take.

Well, today, I checked my email and I had an email from RT telling me that it’s back! So you should all go and check it out if you haven’t! It’s one of my favorite riffs and I love the combo of Bridget and Matthew! https://www.rifftrax.com/sherlock-holmes-and-the-deadly-necklace

4 Likes
3 Likes

I know what I’m buying myself for Xmas :grinning:

2 Likes
2 Likes

I just watched It’s a Wonderful Life and, goddamnit, the ending made me cry even with the riffs. I’m getting sentimental in my old age.

5 Likes

It’s a shame they had to do it, but I LOVE how they chose to lampshade the big edit.

3 Likes

An Important WARNING for Viewers of Fun In Balloon Land in 2022!

No matter how much the, um . . . “exuberant” narrator may exhort you to, no matter how much she may badger and cajole you to, it is STRONGLY recommended that you DO NOT, under any circumstances, actually shout out, “Yay, yay!” until further notice to avoid the risk of alarming your family and friends by your sudden vocal and enthusiastic show of support for a certain controversial music performer/celebrity ex-husband.

That is all.

:man_dancing:t3:

5 Likes

Rifftrax is having their annual Physical Media sale. Some really good deals for those of us who like to horde entertainment away on shiny disks to keep forever. And the first 500 orders get an Attack of the Supermonsters DVD.

Current Offers | RiffTrax

4 Likes

Also, new short!

3 Likes

New short!

3 Likes

Count me as interested in both Christmas Tree and Christmas Deer…might make for some interesting viewing material after Christmas Dragon tonight and thawing out after the Bills blizzard bowl on Saturday…

(EDIT: Add “In Winter” to that list. The Shorts pricing is totally worth it, especially with the slight Friends discount included. Going to likely pair them with the “Just The Jokes” of Crystal Skull and call it a night.)

2 Likes

New riff! and it’s a Bridget and Mary Jo one, too! Narrated by Peter Jennings!

8 Likes

I lost my mind at the mention of Clamato during “In Winter”. Won’t spoil the context, but I was rolling. MJP and Bridget did a hell of a job.

The short is so incredulous at times. The racing scenes reminded me of a real-life “Sidehackers”. Won’t say much else, but I literally WTF’ed at a few points. There are some truly wild shifts in tone and theme.

4 Likes

Christmas Circus with Whizzo the Clown is one of the worst films I’ve ever seen and one of the best RiffTrax. Words cannot describe how awful, how desperately unfunny and unentertaining this clown is. There’s also a short, which Mike, Kevin and Bill get fantastic milage out of despite it being wordless.

6 Likes

I’ve done my annual Whizzo watch, but I forgot to get messed up on cough syrup first so I definitely missed some levels.

6 Likes

I watched part of that and felt like I was watching something I shouldn’t, but not in a good way.

5 Likes