RiffTrax

2 Likes

Somehow that one moves slower for me than Setting Up a Room and David & Hazel combined.

2 Likes

You know, I think David & Hazel is a pretty well-paced Mad Men-style intimate drama.

2 Likes

I bought Monster Christmas with mine! It was fun!

5 Likes

Aww. They did Yes, Madam right after I had already spent my gift card.

3 Likes

d3809986-c0a3-4ea4-8b36-63b14869146c_text

2 Likes

Wait…Rifftrax released YES, MADAM ? Holy crap!

I’ve been waiting FOREVER to see this movie, and even preordered the In The Line of Duty box set from 88 Films JUST because of this movie. Some of the fight choreography was absolutely amazing, plus ROTHROCK and YEOH.

I just spent quite a bit on Rifftrax this past Christmas thanks to sales and coupons, but, in the words of the only memorable part of Godfather III:

getout GIF

4 Likes

Rothrock dubbed as a Brit! :laughing:

Still a better performance than…

godfather3-sofia-coppola

3 Likes

Though I’m trying to figure out what the movie that Tubi has labeled as Yes, Madam is. The 1995 date doesn’t seem right.
Edit: If the labeling is indeed accurate, then why isn’t Yeoh in the cast listing?

1 Like

Something about putting the word “Cop” in the title seems to make the Rifftrax for that movie better. Tonight, I’ll find out if that holds up.

5 Likes

Thanks to Twitter, I’ve found out that it wasn’t a goof, just a movie that happened to have the exact same title and is also a martial arts film.

3 Likes

That movie was complete madness in the best possible way. I would enjoy it even without the Rifftrax.

2 Likes

Same here. Bought it anyway, plus the “Just the Jokes” download for Dune.

2 Likes

New Bridget and Mary Jo!

3 Likes

All of this. Honestly, I’m gonna have to watch this again strictly for the riffing, because, honestly, the movie is almost outshining it. At one point early on, they even say, “this is the greatest thing I’ve ever seen”. The film and dub are incredulous enough on their own! Just super fast paced, manic action. I had to stop watching because I needed to fall asleep.

Not the fault of Mike/Kev/Bill whatsoever, I’m just glued to the action and their riffs are sorta becoming background noise, and that’s fine because I really wanted to see this. Although they mentioned Michelle Yeoh’s character needs to be “everywhere all at once”, which I groaned at in context. Maybe that particular riff will eventually grow on me? Awesome overall so far, though, this movie is way more manic than I thought it’d be. I’m all for it.

1 Like

I went down an IMDB rabbit hole (cough) last night on the leads in some RiffTrax titles and was not prepared for the early career of Ms. Top-Notch Cheese Puffs here. I don’t recall any Alice riffs in A Talking Cat?!? but since they would have sailed over my head I guess I need to give that one another watch.

2 Likes

Ah yes, the Extremely Naughty Alice in Wonderland (1976).
Helmut Newton did a photoshoot of Kristine de Bell that is similarly not-NSFW.

Also, if we’re talking previous naughty careers, the costume designer in Troll 2 was Laura Gemser, better known to many softcore movie fans as Black Emmanuelle.

5 Likes

Just saw Missile X. Short but very sweet. Definitely weird to see a pre-revolution Iran with the Ayatollah’s name being bandied about as the off-camera Big Boss :open_mouth:

3 Likes

New Short!

6 Likes

Kickstarter backers have had this one for a while now. It is a truly bizarre dental hygiene short.

9 Likes